Camouflage

jackparts

Barbados (https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/barbados/local-laws-and-customs): "It’s an offence for anyone, including children, to dress in camouflage clothing." Also found this article that lists other countries: http://www.nonrevtravelnews.com/2017/03/14/dont-wear-camo-in-the-caribbean/

There is many others besides just the Bahamas. A quick search can tell you which wont allow you to wear them.

That's the one I knew of off the top of my head so I posted. I really don't care either way as neither I nor my family feel the need to wear camouflage unless we are hunting.

Barbados (https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/barbados/local-laws-and-customs): "It’s an offence for anyone, including children, to dress in camouflage clothing." Also found this article that lists other countries: http://www.nonrevtravelnews.com/2017/03/14/dont-wear-camo-in-the-caribbean/

From the article: "Several counties in the Caribbean including Barbados, Jamaica, Grenada, Dominica, St. Lucia and St. Vincent ban the wearing of camouflage by non-members of their military."

Maybe I had better explain myself. By camouflage, I meant shorts that have patterns that are very similar to actual camouflage. Great to wear to and from beach. Sold at Sams club, very comfortable and inexpensive. Waist is very flexible which helps on the last days of the cruise.

Maybe I had better explain myself. By camouflage, I meant shorts that have patterns that are very similar to actual camouflage. Great to wear to and from beach. Sold at Sams club, very comfortable and inexpensive. Waist is very flexible which helps on the last days of the cruise.

If it "mimics" camouflage, it's probably not allowed.

It matters not that it's "shorts" or a "shirt" or "pants", it's the pattern that's not allowed.

Why are they different than other shorts except for the non-camouflage pattern?

DON

the countries banning it are not going be swayed by your lame argument that you got them at Costco and not at the local Surplus store/

on the very same table, you will find the exact same short in solid colors. do not be a fashion vicim by choosing a lame trend that looks crappy on every one.

If it "mimics" camouflage, it's probably not allowed.

It matters not that it's "shorts" or a "shirt" or "pants", it's the pattern that's not allowed.

We discussed this with our tour guide in Barbados and he said that it was the pattern that mattered, not the color. So even camo patterns with non-traditional colors (he mentioned pink as an example) are forbidden.

D

Some of those countries are serious about their laws, and it would not be wise to challenge them.

Seriously, it really is the camouflage or camouflage like design in any color and not even allowed on little children.

Yes,Seriously, IT IS not allowed. Not on your pocketbook, your diaper bag or your little kid When a guest in another country, good idea to follow their laws/regulations. They will fineyou and possibly worse. Every time we have visited Barbados (manyt imes) on a cruise ship, the ship's daily paper, always has a notice reminding no camo is allowed in Barbados. their country, their rules and they don't care if it is pink camo. Find something else to wear or carry or stay on the ship in port.