Holland America in the Caribbean

Brittany C

Holland America

Holland America's Caribbean season begins in mid-October; the line's private island, Half Moon Cay, is fully operational. The line plans to announce updates for 2017 itinerary changes on September 26. Any changes for 2018 Caribbean cruises will be announced on October 5.

For the most up-to-date information for HAL and other cruise lines, please read After the 2017 Hurricanes: Where Will Caribbean Cruise Ships Go?

For more hurricane updates, visit the Cruise Critic news page.

Best,

~Brittany Chrusciel, Associate Editor, Cruise Critic

Good to know but I'm sure the message will be changed many, many times before all ports of call are re-opened and the itineraries return to normal.

Best thing if you have a cruise booked for fall/winter/spring, or are planning one, is to check regularly the HAL website.

We booked based on the ports. 3 of the 4 now have been heavily affected. I will be on pins and needles until they announce the changes, because there are some places that I don't want to go back to!!

I don't want to come across as complaining or whining. I'm disappointed that we will miss St. M, as it's one of my favorite places, but there's no one to blame for us missing it. I understand.

Wherever we go, we will make the best of it and hope that next year we can go back.

Holland America

Holland America's Caribbean season begins in mid-October; the line's private island, Half Moon Cay, is fully operational. The line plans to announce updates for 2017 itinerary changes on September 26. Any changes for 2018 Caribbean cruises will be announced on October 5.

For the most up-to-date information for HAL and other cruise lines, please read After the 2017 Hurricanes: Where Will Caribbean Cruise Ships Go?

Very helpful, great link. Thank you. :)

For more hurricane updates, visit the Cruise Critic news page.

Best,

~Brittany Chrusciel, Associate Editor, Cruise Critic

Found this Holland America website.

Questions & Answers

Updated September 20, 2017

Are there any Holland America Line ships in the Caribbean at the moment?

There are no Holland America Line ships in the Caribbean until mid-October.

Will cruises be cancelled?

We will not be cancelling any Caribbean cruises at this time.

Will my itinerary be changed?

Fortunately, most of the Caribbean ports of call we visit were unaffected by Hurricane Irma. We are closely monitoring continued hurricane activity that threatens several islands in the northeastern Caribbean. The Caribbean communities depend on tourism to support their economy and are working to be able to welcome our cruise guests in the upcoming season.

How will guests be notified of any changes?

If changes are necessary, guests will be notified either directly or through their travel professional; updates will also be posted on hollandamerica.com. If an itinerary is adjusted, we will make every effort to substitute similar ports of call. Guests facing an increase in cancellation fees between September 20th and 26th are encouraged to contact our Reservations Department for an extension in lieu of cancelling their Caribbean cruise to avoid fee increases while waiting for itinerary updates.

Guests are encouraged to go to hollandamerica.com to complete Online Check-In and visit My Account to ensure we have accurate contact information.

Will our insurance cover us if we cancel?

Each insurance policy is different, as a result guests should speak directly to their travel insurance provider.

What if I have booked EXC Tours™ in cancelled ports, will these be cancelled?

EXC Tours booked for a cancelled port of call will be automatically refunded back to the original form of payment. EXC Tours for our new ports of call will soon be available to book on our website.

How can I help?

As it requires infrastructure to receive and distribute supplies and the needs at the islands vary, the organizations responding to the crisis and rebuilding efforts are requesting monetary donations. Donations will be accepted onboard.