Calling Cards - A New Social Norm?

klfrodo

Just curious

Are calling cards coming back in fashion?

Just received a couple from people we recently met.

Names, e-mail address, facebook and twitter handles, along with mobile number.

My wife and I had some of these a few years back but they seemed to fall out of favor.

Just wondering if they are coming back.

I've brought along calling cards for the past several years - I print them from our computer. We enjoy assigned seating which allows us to get to know a few couples over the course of our voyage; sometimes you just seem to click and would like to stay in touch. It's much easier to hand someone your card with all the info, than to write it out each time. Our cards are somewhat memorable because I'm a marriage commissioner, and DH is a lay minister who has performed countless funerals - at the bottom of the card it reads "We marry 'em and bury 'em" - they tend to remember us. LOL

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Just curious

My wife and I had some of these a few years back but they seemed to fall out of favor.

In the pleasure boating community most cruisers have “boat cards” we exchange. Ours has our info and pic of Boat. Some RV’rs have same. Much easier to pass basic info. Some people prefer to only show email, telephone and Boat hailing port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just curious

I'm so out of touch:o:') . When I read "calling cards" I was thinking of telephone and being able to make international calls w/o using your cell plan.

I like the idea of a personal (vs business) calling card, but have never thought to make them. Maybe for our next cruise:confused:

Humor as in 'Duh'. Since what they are talking about has NOTHING to do with business cards.

Actually not that different. Our "Calling Card" is exactly like a business card, showing our personal information, and our "Business" as "At Leisure". We've used them for years.

We have always carried "personal" cards in two styles.

Contact cards: Names, phone number*, email addresses.

Personal information cards: same plus USPS mailing address,

*We have two "land line" phones in our home; one for regular use and the other for using when someone or some business needs a phone number for whatever reason. We never provide our regular number to anyone except family and close friends. Cruise and other acquaintances get just the alternative number. We seldom provide our cell numbers to acquaintances.

I'm so out of touch:o:') . When I read "calling cards" I was thinking of telephone and being able to make international calls w/o using your cell plan.

I like the idea of a personal (vs business) calling card, but have never thought to make them. Maybe for our next cruise:confused:

That's what I thought. Since everyone has a cell now days. Good for calls to Canada from US.