Soujourn Deck Repairs - Update

billichka

With less than two weeks remaining my Wife and I are looking forward to our 14 night Seabourn Alaskan cruise departing Seward on September 11.

This morning I received an email from Seabourn advising that during our cruise maintenance will be performed to follow up deck replacement works that have recently been undertaken.

Apparently the Patio Grill & pool will be open as normal with steps taken to minimise noise and disruption. A total of $250 credit will also be added to our onboard account.

This is the email:

Dear Guest,

Thank you for booking your upcoming voyage with us; we look forward to welcoming you on board Seabourn Sojourn.

We want to inform you of some maintenance that will take place during your voyage in order to complete repairs on sections of the teak on Deck 8. While we have finished the process of replacing the teak in certain areas, we will be performing some follow up work. Please be assured that measures are in place to minimize any noise or inconvenience to you, our guests. The work will be completed in small sections at a time; the deck and pool will be open for your enjoyment and The Patio will be available for lunch and dinner service throughout the voyage. We do apologize for any impact this work may have on your shipboard experience and encourage you to contact Guest Services at Seabourn Square should you have any questions or concerns once on board.

As a gesture of goodwill and token of our appreciation, we are pleased to provide you with an onboard credit of $250 per suite, which will be posted to your onboard folio to help you fully enjoy your time on board.

If you have any questions throughout this process please contact Guest Services. We appreciate your understanding and anticipate a delightful journey together.

Kind regards,

Seabourn

Could it be the OP is in a deck 7 suite?

We are on deck 4 and booked direct with Seabourn Australia.

I have since contacted Seabourn noting that we should have advised of this prior to final payment being made whereas now we can only hope that the peaceful Alaskan serenity that we have paid for is not replaced by the ambience of a construction zone!

They have replied quickly, stating that they didn’t know when the repairs were going to take place and offering us a reassurance that our onboard experience will meet our expectations.

I'm still planning on having an amazing trip, no matter what's happening on the pool deck! And if you're lucky, alwaysonaship, it will be completed in time for your trip.

We are trying the same approach. My Wife is delighted to have another $250 to spend at the spa!

This whole episode really bothers me. Why would SB be notifying some and not others.

Perhaps others will get notification from their travel agents. Sounds like OP booked direct wth Seabourn. I’ve seen things in this board that turned up a day or so later via our TA.

That is great news as I am going to be on the Pacific Coastal departing Oct. 7th and bringing a friend who has never cruised on Seabourn before and has been dying to get the experience. To know the repairs will be done before then makes me happy.

Good! Now if they'd only fix the Champagne!

I agree completely and am not a champagne snob, yet the house champagne isn’t nice at all (even my husband agrees, and he’ll drink just about anything). I did find an alternative in the brut Prosecco, but don’t get me started on the house Cabernet!

Staying on topic, I’m on Sojourn currently and the deck is still in disrepair. It hasn’t been an issue for us and didn’t seem to upset very festive pool activities yesterday. Far more concerning in my opinion, is the rotting smell in certain places on the pool deck. We completely avoid those areas. That is something that absolute warrants repair.

Envirochick, has anyone in management onboard right now addressed the issue or stated that the planned repairs will take place on the cruise Departing on Sept. 11th. The rotting smell sound very horrible and not something one wishes to encounter on a “luxury” cruise ship.