Cabins Under the Galley

Inspired by another thread I looked at my booking on an upcoming Breeze sailing and find that we're in a Cove Balcony under the galley. This wasn't a GTY, our PVP directed us to it as a "great category at a great price". I understood what a Cove cabin was and have no problem with that part, but my bad - I didn't check the deck plans before I agreed to a cabin.

I'm wondering if anyone can comment on their own experiences of cabins directly under the galley. All thoughts appreciated.

Never again. We had a cabin under the galley on the Paradise and we were woken up in the middle of every night by what sounded like metal boxes being dragged across the floor. I am much more careful now to ensure we are quietly snuggled between two decks of cabins.

My only experience under the galley was on the Ecstasy last year, wasn't too bad, but occasionally heard a bump or thud as we were going to bed sometime between 11 and midnight. Lucky we always travel with earplugs, so we slept fine.

Inspired by another thread I looked at my booking on an upcoming Breeze sailing and find that we're in a Cove Balcony under the galley. This wasn't a GTY, our PVP directed us to it as a "great category at a great price". I understood what a Cove cabin was and have no problem with that part, but my bad - I didn't check the deck plans before I agreed to a cabin.

I'm wondering if anyone can comment on their own experiences of cabins directly under the galley. All thoughts appreciated.

Lots of noise at all times. Fire your PVP.

Hopefully pvp was smart enough to put you in a place not very active at night

Lots of noise at all times. Fire your PVP.

:confused:

What would that involve? I've always thought our guy did a great job for us; Carnival is the only cruiseline I don't just book direct off the website or via a on-line agency. This time though, he's not handled my reservation near as well as I feel like it's been handled in the past and few things have displeased me. Granted, I should have darn well checked where that cabin was but OTOH, if a PVP isn't looking out for our best interest, why bother having one? It's been quite a while since we've considered Carnival and maybe won't again so it could possibly be a non-issue.

Hopefully pvp was smart enough to put you in a place not very active at night

I'm pretty sure not - we've got 2342 which is near the front of the galley. :(

My PVP, whom we have had for years and I really like him, booked us in a Harbor Suite under the galley on the new Panorama. I had misgivings about it, and finally changed our booking to another cabin. While he was away from the office, he referred his clients to another PVP., whom I called, and this one told me he NEVER books his people under the galley. I am sleeping better now knowing I don't have to worry about whether there will be noise or not. :)

What would that involve? I've always thought our guy did a great job for us; Carnival is the only cruiseline I don't just book direct off the website or via a on-line agency. This time though, he's not handled my reservation near as well as I feel like it's been handled in the past and few things have displeased me. Granted, I should have darn well checked where that cabin was but OTOH, if a PVP isn't looking out for our best interest, why bother having one? It's been quite a while since we've considered Carnival and maybe won't again so it could possibly be a non-issue.

No idea what goes on at the front of the galley but apparently you ought to see what other cabins might be open and call and insist on a change

not only under the galley but a connecting room

can this agent not move you to someplace else-- NOT a connecting cabin?

I'm pretty sure it was my post that caught your attention about being under the galley. Glad it helped someone, as everyone on the thread that I posted is only giving me grief :( Agree with others that your PVP should be fired. Why he would knowingly give you a cabin under the galley (or a connecting cabin) is beyond me. Hope you're able to get it changed.

I had a cove balcony on the Breeze under the galley...never again. Noise all night long and when you tried to take a nap to make up for lack of sleep, yes, more noise. It never stopped. I love the cove balcony but careful about location of stateroom from now on.

OH GREAT! We are booked on Cove Balcony on the Dream. We were in 2414 and read many reviews of it being real noisy. So, called and moved to a different room, more toward the middle of galley, versus the very end of the galley.

We actually tred to upgrade to a regular balcony, but the cruise is sold out. And we got moved to a adjoining room...RUTRO.

Oh well, will make the best of it, with earplugs. Hope it will be ok.

Not on Carnival, but on Royal Caribbean in 2015, we were on Rhapsody of the Seas and were in a suite that was just under the Lido. On that particular ship, the GS and JS cabins were all under the Lido, so if you wanted a suite, that's where you were. And we definitely did hear a bit of noise early mornings from chairs and carts but mostly it was ok. Having said that, we are sound sleepers and not particularly sensitive to noise (we live in New York so are immune by now). But it may all depend on how sensitive you are to sounds which is an individual trait.

• 4 months later...
On 7/19/2018 at 11:27 PM, ronandannette said:

😕

I'm pretty sure not - we've got 2342 which is near the front of the galley. 😞

I have  This same  Room booked.  How did iyou go?

5 minutes ago, Mommawo said:

I have  This same  Room booked.  How did iyou go?

Actually, it was perfectly fine.  Really - there was no noise from above that we ever noticed, and the fact the room was adjoining wasn't much of an issue either (at least not for us LOL).

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ronandannette said:

Actually, it was perfectly fine.  Really - there was no noise from above that we ever noticed, and the fact the room was adjoining wasn't much of an issue either (at least not for us LOL).

Perfect!! Thanks ! We are not super picky and we sleep with a sound machine so we should be ok.   Thanks !!!!!!

• Like 1