Impressed with Magic Guest Services

SRQbeachgirl

We boarded the Magic at 11am this morning with FTTF. However, our cabin was not ready. It hadn't even been started. Our steward said our cabin had not been on his priority list. He let us drop our bags off and then hunted down our S&S cards. We walked down to GS and I told the very friendly GS person what happened. I didn't ask for anything, but just stated that my main reason for buying FTTF was to have early access to our cabin.

She looked up our cabin, apologized profusely, then excused herself to the back office. I was thinking to myself that they'd probably offer us a partial OBC, maybe $25, since we obviously got part of what we paid for (early boarding, Priority GS line...).

She came back out and said they were refunding us the full amount, $89.99 in OBC, but that we would still have all the benefits of FTTF. I was shocked and very, very happy. I was even happier when we went back by our cabin 20 minutes later and it was ready. Looks like the start of a very Magical week!

How amazing of them! I was aboard the Vista two weeks ago. We're Platinum and didn't receive our luggage until 5:30 pm. We were the last to receive our luggage and boarded the ship at 11:30 am. Everyone else on our deck received theirs by 3:30. I was a nervous wreck.

Good for the OP. Often a non emotional explanation of a situation or incident gets the best response.

One of my flights out of LGA was cancelled, and the boarding crew was overwhelmed with angry and loud complaining pax. When I asked a simple question, the harried staff made a comment about the M&M's I was eating.

So I bought her a pack, and when I gave them to her, she lit up. When I was boarding the next available flight an hour later, I discovered I had been upgraded to 1st class.