Carnival Spirit to Sail From Brisbane Year-Round

What Melbourne getting. I wish we had a ship that would cruise all year round. This Oct-March is horrible.

Here here, I would settle for a tug boat! The 2019-2020 Season is even worse with P&O only sending us the Aria for short trips over Feb and March. Princess has some interesting ones and I am waiting for Carnival to bring out its offerings for the 2019-20 season but don't hold out much hope. Looking like we will only have Priincess over the Dec-Jan in 2019-20.

:loudcry::rolleyes::mad:

Operating out of Brisbane makes the return Sth Pacific Islands trip that much shorter.

Maybe we will see regular 7 days island cruises weekly, like the Caribbean ones out of Florida, on a Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun schedule. They could change up the ports a little alternating Noumea, Vila, Lifou, Mystery Is, Mare etc That way, you can have a 7N cruise taking only 5 weekdays off every week.

Or maybe cruises that go a little farther afield than the 'usual' New Caledonia & Vanuatu ones eg to Fiji & Tonga.

Maybe would entice me to venture to Brisbane for a cruise again.

Splendid.:D

IF the Splendor had a lawn club like the Solstice it could be called " Splendor in the Grass" 😁 Hope it's decor is a little less " ornate" than the Legend and Spirit 😱😱

IF the Splendor had a lawn club like the Solstice it could be called " Splendor in the Grass" 😁 Hope it's decor is a little less " ornate" than the Legend and Spirit 😱😱

LOL, wish we had another X ship downunder to keep the Solstice company.

I would love it if they could see their way to visiting Macquarie Island and the Sub Antarctica islands. It is in our region NZ/Aus. Guess I am hoping too much. But hey - they do go to the Arctic so why not. :D I think it is Chimu who go from Dunedin occasionally but very pricey.

I would love it if they could see their way to visiting Macquarie Island and the Sub Antarctica islands. It is in our region NZ/Aus. Guess I am hoping too much. But hey - they do go to the Arctic so why not. :D I think it is Chimu who go from Dunedin occasionally but very pricey.

Uncle Les 's son works at Chimu, he should know. We used Chimu for the Galapagos Islands.:D

Now if only Carnival actually homeported here for at least a couple months of the year, huh?

Carnival Spirit will be home ported in Brisbane Year-Round from 2020, and at the moment Carnival Spirit is based year around in Sydney (apart from when she goes for dry docks).

and the Carnival Splendor will be based year around in Sydney.

I hope they do some PNG & Solomon Islands cruises, and mix up the itineraries a bit

That would be good also, but how many of the ports there are suitable for the Spirit sized ship would be my only concern.

I would be more than happy to go to Brisbane to embark if I could cruise the places you mention. I love New Caledonia and Vanuatu, but it would be great to see these other places, as our only time there has been a single port day in Alotau on Sun Princess.

Operating out of Brisbane makes the return Sth Pacific Islands trip that much shorter.

Maybe we will see regular 7 days island cruises weekly, like the Caribbean ones out of Florida, on a Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun schedule. They could change up the ports a little alternating Noumea, Vila, Lifou, Mystery Is, Mare etc That way, you can have a 7N cruise taking only 5 weekdays off every week.

Or maybe cruises that go a little farther afield than the 'usual' New Caledonia & Vanuatu ones eg to Fiji & Tonga.

Maybe would entice me to venture to Brisbane for a cruise again.

give noumea a miss would be better