Is Sunday Brunch fleet wide?

TomAndJane

Interesting! I noticed a late night buffet... was that every night? I think my last two cruises didn’t include a late night buffet.... but then again.... I am not a late night eater so I could have missed it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Indeed there has been a Late Buffet/Snack in the Lido Market every night on all of my 25+ HAL cruises. My latest cruise did not have "themed" meals to allow for last-minute changes, per the Lido Market Manager. The buffet/snack s mainly for crew/entertainers that work late. The first few nights of each cruise the crew/entertainers are joined by lots of passengers before the passengers realize that eating four meals per day can be a big waistline stretcher. After the fourth evening, it is hard to find a passenger in the line.

The Late Snack at 10:30 PM is also a chance to pick up a coffee, dessert, cheese, or just something to keep in your minibar for an early-morning snack.

Indeed there has been a Late Buffet/Snack in the Lido Market every night on all of my 25+ HAL cruises. My latest cruise did not have "themed" meals to allow for last-minute changes, per the Lido Market Manager. The buffet/snack s mainly for crew/entertainers that work late. The first few nights of each cruise the crew/entertainers are joined by lots of passengers before the passengers realize that eating four meals per day can be a big waistline stretcher. After the fourth evening, it is hard to find a passenger in the line.

The Late Snack at 10:30 PM is also a chance to pick up a coffee, dessert, cheese, or just something to keep in your minibar for an early-morning snack.

The Late Night Snack is great if you manage to nap through dinner time :)

Interesting! I noticed a late night buffet... was that every night? I think my last two cruises didn’t include a late night buffet.... but then again.... I am not a late night eater so I could have missed it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, every night.

Post No. 1 says MDR? I was just wondering if it was like the buffet "feasts" that are on some ships, terribly crowded and people falling all over each other trying to get the most food, or a proper, sedate (?!) sit-down. I thought I might mention it on our roll call.

I think maybe I am confused. I was talking about the brunch on Sundays, and the thread seems to have switched to the late night buffet!

The brunch we experienced on Zaandam this past May 21- June 4, 2018 was a sit-down brunch in the main dining room (no buffet line):

https://twocruisingsisters.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/brunchmenu5-27.jpg

It was available on both Sundays, one was a sea day, and the other was the day we sailed into Victoria (afternoon arrival).

The brunch we experienced on Zaandam this past May 21- June 4, 2018 was a sit-down brunch in the main dining room:

It was available on both Sundays, one was a sea day, and the other was the day we sailed into Victoria (afternoon arrival).

Thank you!:)

I just disembarked from the Zaandam yesterday after a wonderful cruise! We had 2 Sundays on board. The first was a Day at Sea, the second we arrived to Victoria, BC, at 1pm. The first Sunday, brunch was offered (the menu posted above). The second Sunday, the MDR was closed. I saw a few passengers with Mariner’s Lunch menus and tiles, and although we attended one the previous day (which was a Sea Day), I believe they had another Mariner’s Lunch the following day.

The food itself was delicious! (Service was slow that day, though, in our section). Most ordered one of the breakfast items and one of the lunch items. I did not care for the smoothie, but beet-lovers probably have a different opinion:>). I really liked the salmon and crab cake (it was one single smallish cake, the menu needs to be updated to be singular). DH ordered the banana pancakes for us to split, which were tasty. He said the Monte Cristo was just ok and would order something else next time.

I think the Brunch is a good addition. :D

The brunch we experienced on Zaandam this past May 21- June 4, 2018 was a sit-down brunch in the main dining room (no buffet line):

Thank you for the menu.

It sure looks better than what is served at the Mariner's brunch.

I just disembarked from the Zaandam yesterday after a wonderful cruise! We had 2 Sundays on board. The first was a Day at Sea, the second we arrived to Victoria, BC, at 1pm. The first Sunday, brunch was offered (the menu posted above). The second Sunday, the MDR was closed. I saw a few passengers with Mariner’s Lunch menus and tiles, and although we attended one the previous day (which was a Sea Day), I believe they had another Mariner’s Lunch the following day.

. :D

On the July 2 - 16, 2018 Zaandam cruise the Mariners Brunch was on the Saturday Sea Day prior to Victoria and the Brunch we have been discussing was served on both Sundays in the MDR.

Tom