What time does the gym open?

MSW117SL

What time does the gym open on most ships? Specifically the Alaskan cruises? We are booked on a Princess Alaska cruise summer of 2019 but just learned that their gyms don't open till 7:00am. That may be a deal breaker for my husband.

On our Oosterdam sailing last Fall, the Fitness Center opened at 6 am every morning. I believe this is pretty standard throughout their fleet.

It's been 6 on the cruises that I've been on where I noticed.(I'm an early riser ;) )

Whenever we did not have an excursion, DH was always at the gym at 6 AM. Then we headed for breakfast at 7:30 or 8 depending on whether it was a port day or a sea day.

I have read here in a couple of posts that now the gyms may bot be opening until 7 PM. DH is most unhappy about that as he needs breakfast no later that 8 to get in his 11 morning medications.

We just sailed on Caribbean Princess and gym opened at 7:00 a.m. but could not use the treadmills until 8:00 a.m .because of cabins beneath. We were very unhappy.

HAL gyms open at 6:00 a.m. and everything can be used.

The time the gym opens was changed late spring or early fall from 6 AM to 7 AM. We were told it is fleet wide and it is in the information book in each stateroom which makes me believe it is fleet wide. It is a terrible change that preclude working out an hour before excursions while in port. The crew hated it because we started walking at 6 am while they were trying to wash down the promenade desk.

We included this in our post cruise survey but have had no comment or response. (we cruised June 13-27 on the Zuiderdam)

The time the gym opens was changed late spring or early fall from 6 AM to 7 AM. We were told it is fleet wide and it is in the information book in each stateroom which makes me believe it is fleet wide. It is a terrible change that preclude working out an hour before excursions while in port. The crew hated it because we started walking at 6 am while they were trying to wash down the promenade desk.

We included this in our post cruise survey but have had no comment or response. (we cruised June 13-27 on the Zuiderdam)

I imagine cabins along the promenade deck would also hate it if the crew started washing down the deck at 5am in order to accomodate the 6am walkers. Shows how hard it is to make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time on these closed systems called ships. At least now you know and can make other plans.

Wow. I wonder if the new 7:00 opening means that the morning stretch will now be at 8:00? I usually like to do a couple of miles on the prom, then up to the gym for morning stretch, and then breakfast after all of that. Oh well, I (and others) will have to adapt. I'm just happy to be able to cruise and hope that's the worst thing that will ever happen to me on a ship.

Does anyone reading this (or the other linked thread on the same subject) do morning stretch and can tell me if it's now at 8:00? Thanks in advance. Will be on E'dam in six weeks.

Interesting. We were on the Prinsendam for May and early June 2018 and the gym was definitely open at 6 at the very least.

Guaranteed. ;)

Interesting. We were on the Prinsendam for May and early June 2018 and the gym was definitely open at 6 at the very least.

Guaranteed. ;)

Different location on the Prisnedam - gym facing aft and not directly over the bridge and officers cabins - heard that was one reason they changed the opening gym hours on the other ships. But you know how the" rumor" mill works. May or may not be true, but what happens on the Prinsendam just might stay on the Prinsendam due to the totally different layout of that ship.