Price of wifi

Wondered what he cost of unlimited wifi would be on a two week cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just off Westerdam - 7 day Alaska - unlimited internet was $139.99 for 7 days.

Westerdam last September was $199.99 for 12 days, also for the top tier unlimited package in the Med.

for comparison - the 7 day works out to $19.99/day while the 12 day was $16.67/day

Wondered what he cost of unlimited wifi would be on a two week cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It depends on which ship you are on.

Those ships with recent drydocks have been upgraded to "high-speed" internet and have plans of $14.99 social media, $24.95 general surfing, and $29.95 for streaming per day. If you purchase the days for the entire cruise, there is around a 40% reduction.

My experience with ships without recent drydocks was $250/1000 minutes as the top plan. Some of these ships have unlimited plans for $250.

• 1 month later...
Anyone know about Maasdam?

I believe the Maasdam is still on the minute package.

However, there was a post that the entire fleet is supposed to be converted to the unlimited before the end of next year IIRC.

Where does Zuiderdam fall in regard to internet cost/packages? Can we purchase an unlimited package.

We Debarked Zuiderdam on May 10th after 18 Nights on the TA. They had the three Plans that Crew News mentioned. The lowest Plan: allows access to most Social Media sites. The Middle Package (Surfing): Allows email access as well as surfing sites. The Premium Plan: In addition to everything in the lower Plans includes audio/video calling and Streaming.

We took the Middle Plan and it was $189 for the 18 Nights before our 5 Star Discount. We thought this was a great deal as well as not having to worry about running out of minutes or Logging Out. They do recommend Logging Out though so not to slow down the system.

As the day went by when you would Log In it would ask if you wanted to add onto the Plan, it showed the price which then went lower and lower closer to the end of the Cruise.

No, but you can purchase some OBC to cover the expected cost. That's basically a cash deposit.

I prepaid for my internet plan on the Amsterdam for the World Cruise. It was an option in my account online where you can also pre-purchase dining, wine packages and spa item.

I prepaid for my internet plan on the Amsterdam for the World Cruise. It was an option in my account online where you can also pre-purchase dining, wine packages and spa item.

I've been checking on the internet packages for the 2019 World and there still isn't an option showing on the HAL website under my booking number. Do you mind sharing how much you had to pay for the internet package you purchased and how many minutes (or if it was unlimited)?

I’m onboard the Prinsendam and here’s the pricing for our 14 day segment. The Social plan was $119.99 for 14 days. We signed up for that initially, but most websites are blocked. We upgraded to the Surf plan for an additional $50, making the average cost per day $12.14. 8269a431ed8d2278e9cb1f5b75cf10ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

I’m onboard the Prinsendam and here’s the pricing for our 14 day segment. The Social plan was $119.99 for 14 days. We signed up for that initially, but most websites are blocked. We upgraded to the Surf plan for an additional $50, making the average cost per day $12.14. 8269a431ed8d2278e9cb1f5b75cf10ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prinsendam has unlimited internet now?!

Surprising and news indeed. Thanks for sharing :)

I prepaid for my internet plan on the Amsterdam for the World Cruise.
Yes, the GWV has long offered that option, but since the person asking didn't appear to be going on a GWV I didn't think it necessary to note that one exception.

We are on the forthcoming Grand Asia and wondering when these pre-purchase offers come out. When did that occur for your WC?

We are on the forthcoming Grand Asia and wondering when these pre-purchase offers come out. When did that occur for your WC?

I already see them available for pre-purchase on our Grand Asia "already booked" site. Look under Indulgences and then Packages.

Social $499, Surf $599, Premium $699.

Kind of a technical question, but does anyone know if VPN is restricted on the middle tier plan? I don't need streaming because I get my entertainment on the cruise. (I also carry all my music in mp3 format - which has ironically become old fashioned.)

• Like 1

I’m onboard the Prinsendam and here’s the pricing for our 14 day segment. The Social plan was $119.99 for 14 days. We signed up for that initially, but most websites are blocked. We upgraded to the Surf plan for an additional $50, making the average cost per day $12.14.

Poo, don't link or need that much connectivity, as we are on the next segments of the Prinsendam. I liked the per minute plans as about 250 minutes is all I needed for a 2 week cruise. I could make due with hot spotting my phone while in the ports to get/send emails and do any other tasks.

Kind of a technical question, but does anyone know if VPN is restricted on the middle tier plan? I don't need streaming because I get my entertainment on the cruise. (I also carry all my music in mp3 format - which has ironically become old fashioned.)

Don't know if it relevant, but I could use VPN on the old per minute plan.

Ditto here on the streaming, don't want it or need it. I too carry all my music around on my old reliable iPod Nano. Its both smaller than my phone and the battery last way longer.

• Like 1

Don't know if it relevant, but I could use VPN on the old per minute plan.

Ditto here on the streaming, don't want it or need it. I too carry all my music around on my old reliable iPod Nano. Its both smaller than my phone and the battery last way longer.

Who'd have thunk that our little mp3 players would be old timey technology? Mother, put the Victrola on shuffle and drop the needle.