Beverage Package Drink Limit

I have some friends considering going on the cruise with us. They are big drinkers. They get the Signature beverage package included but it looks like there is a 15 beverage limit per day? Does that include the bottled water, sodas and specialty coffees? Do you find that it is enforced? Is is a 24 hour period or ?

Also does the upgraded Elite beverage package have the same limit?

Thanks!

Yes, Yes, and Yes. Elite has the same limit, just better wine choices I believe. We were offered this on our cruise. I declined, and saved $200 a person. If they do plan on all the beverages, it is a really good deal. Cost to purchase is much more.

We recently sailed with an amenity of the Signature package. We upgraded to Elite because we drink wine with dinner and like good wines. Very happy for the upgrade. The wine guy in the dining room kept our glasses filled with very good wines. If we had stayed with the Signature, the wine selection would have been only a couple of reds and a few whites. We used the package for lattes in the morning and diet sodas after workouts in the fitness center. I don't think we ever really bumped up against the 15-drink limit. This was worth it for us. On our next HAL cruise, we have no drinks amenity and will probably choose to buy the Elite package because of the dinner wines.

And HAL does keep track of all those drinks in a 24 hour period. All those bottles of waters, special coffees, sodas and drinks do count.

Even though we picked up a couple of bottles of water, we still did not make it to the 15 drink limit any day. Not worth buying the package for us. Nor is it worth the higher cruise fare (to cover the package) for us.

If your fiends are concerned that they're going to max out, they can tell the server that they wish to have the cheaper items charged directly to their room and not to the beverage package. You can pay for less expensive things like bottled water and specialty coffee and save the bigger ticket items like cocktails for the beverage package.

If you hit the limit, you can still drink, but you'll have to pay.

The clock is 24 hours, but it resets some time after 2:00 AM IIRC and most, if not all of the bars will be closed by then.

If your fiends are concerned that they're going to max out, they can tell the server that they wish to have the cheaper items charged directly to their room and not to the beverage package. You can pay for less expensive things like bottled water and specialty coffee and save the bigger ticket items like cocktails for the beverage package.

If you hit the limit, you can still drink, but you'll have to pay.

The clock is 24 hours, but it resets some time after 2:00 AM IIRC and most, if not all of the bars will be closed by then.

Thanks for all the good info and advice.

While it is hard to hit the 15 drink limit, don't imagine that an alarm will go off when you do. They will hand you a receipt whenever you purchase a drink. It is up to you to keep track. Once you pass 15, you will charged for your drinks the same as passengers who do not have the package. No warning is given. You end up walking around with a pocket full of receipts each day. It's kinda hard to keep track of anything after 15 drinks. Happy sailing.

LOL jakers!

We have NEVER bought the package, but got it (with a very nice not inflated E4 fare) for my family group of 9 (one had to cancel). I've written many CC posts disparaging the SBP, but I'm REALLY looking forward to having it, and my gang having it and not quibbling about who is buying! Even my mom who is (gasp) perfectly happy with syrup coffee, will enjoy a Kahlua or amaretto after dinner.

I have some friends considering going on the cruise with us. They are big drinkers... Also does the upgraded Elite beverage package have the same limit?

The Elite package has the same limit, but in addition to more theoretically better wine choices, better if not top of the line scotches and tequilas are included, as well as a beer tasting (value maybe $12?) and the mixologist 'class'. Here is a sample list although it is not unusual for labels to vary per sailing.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Beverage-Packages.pdf

Roger's scan or photo is from April 2018 so pretty close to current.

The Elite package has the same limit, but in addition to more theoretically better wine choices, better if not top of the line scotches and tequilas are included, as well as a beer tasting (value maybe $12?) and the mixologist 'class'. Here is a sample list although it is not unusual for labels to vary per sailing.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Beverage-Packages.pdf

Thank you for posting the list of cover drinks -- I didn't see liquors on the lists - like Amaretto, Frangelico, or Baileys. Are there really not offered, or did I miss them? (sorry it's a bit off topic)

Thank you for posting the list of cover drinks -- I didn't see liquors on the lists - like Amaretto, Frangelico, or Baileys. Are there really not offered, or did I miss them? (sorry it's a bit off topic)

They're available, and less than $9, so they're included.

Other than a couple of high end cognacs, pretty much any cordial you could want is available and covered.

I wish they still had Vandermint, but I think they stopped making it.

Does that include the bottled water, sodas and specialty coffees?

Thanks!

If they were planning on using it for bottled water and/or soda tell them they can bring aboard as much of both as they desire free of charge. That way they would only have to use the package for booze and

specialty coffees.

Thanks Cavecreekguy and POA1 --- I figured that must be the case, odd they didn't include them in the menu.
I have a full spreadsheet from last summer if you want to see if. Not sure if prices have changed though.

If you like doubles of any drinks, that is allowed. However the double is counted as 2 of your daily 15. I have seen a friend go over the 15 limit, because he was drinking double tequilas and other drinks through the day. He noticed the extra charges on his cabin folio when he checked it during the cruise. It is very tough to exceed the 15 limit, unless you like doubles. The break-even point with the regular package is about six, $7.50 drinks, plus the 15% service charge. After those 6 drinks, you are drinking free, up to the 15 limit.

I have some friends considering going on the cruise with us. They are big drinkers. They get the Signature beverage package included but it looks like there is a 15 beverage limit per day? Does that include the bottled water, sodas and specialty coffees? Do you find that it is enforced? Is is a 24 hour period or ?

Also does the upgraded Elite beverage package have the same limit?

Thanks!

Non alcoholic drinks do not count toward the 15. The 15 is just for drinks with alcohol. I confirmed this with the beverage manager on the eurodam

Sent from my SM-J327V using Forums mobile app

Non alcoholic drinks do not count toward the 15. The 15 is just for drinks with alcohol. I confirmed this with the beverage manager on the eurodam

If so, then that's a brand new policy change. I think that it's more likely that the beverage manager misspoke or that you misunderstood.

Yes, I just noticed that myself when I was looking to mark favorites with highlighter on individual xeroxes for my family members. You can see most liqueurs on page 11 of the Pool Bars menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Pool-Bars.pdf

only one is over $9! I believe it includes all that you asked about.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Forums mobile app

That would be new. However, that's how Carnival runs their program

This is the first time I've heard of this policy change. In the past, all drinks were counted towards the 15 per day limit, including bottled water, specialty coffee and soda.

I've actually been planning on purchasing a separate beverage card for use when I purchase water, soda and coffee, because these purchases have occasionally put me over the limit on sea days. So I won't have to pay full price for the expensive evening cocktails in the Crow's Nest.

Edited by cavecreekguy