Disembarkation Port Everglades , Ft Lauderdale Cruise Terminal

mcrcruiser

What is the best method for my DH to disembark with his handicap . He can not stand very long before his feet burn & we hear the lines can be very long to clear customs

Should we wait on the ship to the very last ? or should we ask customer relations on the ship to have him taken by wheel chair ?

He can walk ;but being diabetic he gets foot pain if standing to long .

Thank you for your help

I also have peripheral neuropathy. I either walk with a cane or use a portable electric scooter. When someone is visibly disabled, as I am, I have been directed to an expedited customs line when leaving the ship early. I am confident that someone could go to the expedited line upon request, if their disability were not readily apparent.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are travelling on passports, use the US Customs Service Mobile Passport app. It has a separate line. Every time we've used it, it's saved well over 20 minutes. You could also apply for Global Entry, but the app is free.

Since I use a wheelchair -- I am always taken to a special line and moved to the front.

They need to get me outside to the taxi stand as fast as possible as they need the wheelchairs back on the ship to get more handicapped people off.

Thanks. For your post . Getting a wheel chair for both embarcationk& the debarcation process is a great relief