UBER - XL Experiences from FLL to Miami

NEW 2 CRUISIN

I hated to start another thread about UBER, but could not find any "SPECIFIC" experiences of using UBER XL - (the larger vehicle service) for 4 people with luggage.

We are big fans of UBER and have had great success when traveling as a couple, but this time we will have the folks with us, and I think "XL" service is the way to go with luggage for 4.

Any experiences getting "XL" from FLL to Miami?

Wondering if we should still plan on UBER....or book something else?

THANK YOU!!

:)

Estimates for XL from FLL to POM are an almost match for the price for a mini-van/SUV taxi -- I'd choose UberXL any day over the cab.

You might also consider private transfers - check with Go Airport, Larry's Limos and whoever your hotel suggests -- should not be much more than taxi/XL fare.

Thank You!

I was curious if the "XL" vehicles were as readily available as the "regular" cars....and it sounds like they are!

We've used Larry's a few times in the past with good service, but the limo price is nearly double UBER now, so we'll try XL from FLL this time.

(Also..last time with Larry's, they parked in the parking garage at FLL and we had to walk quite a distance to get to the car with our bags. With my parents with us this time, it will be easier to have UBER pick us up at the curb.)

• 6 months later...
You can go to uberestimates.com (or something similar...a quick Google search of "Uber estimates" will find it very quickly) and get the whole selection of price estimates.

You can also get an very good estimate within the app itself. Simply enter your pickup location and destination as if you were going to book. An estimate should show up at the bottom. The app will also let you know if there is surge pricing in effect.

Neal in Cincinnati

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just throwing it out there....We are a family of 5 and have used used Uber/Lyft a couple of times to get back an forth from FLL area to the POM. We found it to be about ten dollars cheaper to just use two regular size Ubers. It was much quicker to get the vehicles and also more room. Typically surge pricing hits the XL trips before and higher than regular trips during peak times of boarding and unloading from the ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just throwing it out there....We are a family of 5 and have used used Uber/Lyft a couple of times to get back an forth from FLL area to the POM. We found it to be about ten dollars cheaper to just use two regular size Ubers. It was much quicker to get the vehicles and also more room. Typically surge pricing hits the XL trips before and higher than regular trips during peak times of boarding and unloading from the ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interesting, and something I will file away for my next family cruise.

Uber newbie here. Would Uber XL work for 6 adults or would we do better getting a combinations of regular Uber’s? We’re also traveling from FLL into downtown Miami.

You definitely need two. An XL has to seat 7 total (including driver) so it has to have a third row but you may get a minivan or smaller SUV. Fitting all of the luggage in becomes an issue.

Uber newbie here. Would Uber XL work for 6 adults or would we do better getting a combinations of regular Uber’s? We’re also traveling from FLL into downtown Miami.

If you are a new rider you can advantage of a new rider discount that will save around $15 on your first ride. Get a promo code from an existing rider that is found in your app.

Now, here’s what you do if are you are taking two Ubers to get to the port. First rider gets a promo code from someone else or you could use mine (6y3g9). Try giving YOUR promo code, found in the app, to your other group (or just use mine again [emoji41]). I’ve never quite tried it that way, it might work.

By the way, those promo codes get both the provider and the new rider $15 off their next ride.

Neal

Sent from my iPad using Forums

11 of us, need a ride from FLL to Miami Hotel, then port back to FLL. Hate to split up. Any ideas?

SAS or one of the other often suggested shuttles might be able to take all 11 of you together. I would also check with Larry's Limos and Go Airport for private transfers.