Sleep, Park and Cruise Hotels near Newark

sailor05

Anyone know of a good decently priced hotel that we can stay at the night before that will allow us to park our cars there for a 9 night cruise?

Newark Airport

1) trinityreservations.com - $224 tax included for hotel (Ramada Plaza), parking, & port transportation for 2 people or $235 tax included for 4 people.

2). Embassy suites - tax included - $348 for hotel, parking, & port transportation for 2 people, $388 for 3 people and $428 for 4 people.

3) Country Inns - tax included - $311 for hotel, parking, & port transportation for 2 people, $359 for 3 people, and $394 for 4 people.

I have used the trinity package at the Ramada and was very happy with it. They are a reputable company that we recommend all the time.

If these don't suit, please provide more details. Where are you driving in from? How many people? How many cars? Bed requirements? Sightseeing requirements?

Newark Airport

1) trinityreservations.com - $224 tax included for hotel (Ramada Plaza), parking, & port transportation for 2 people or $235 tax included for 4 people.

2). Embassy suites - tax included - $348 for hotel, parking, & port transportation for 2 people, $388 for 3 people and $428 for 4 people.

3) Country Inns - tax included - $311 for hotel, parking, & port transportation for 2 people, $359 for 3 people, and $394 for 4 people.

I have used the trinity package at the Ramada and was very happy with it. They are a reputable company that we recommend all the time.

If these don't suit, please provide more details. Where are you driving in from? How many people? How many cars? Bed requirements? Sightseeing requirements?

That's perfect! I like what I'm seeing on the trinity website. Nice to have all that included. Thank you so much!

That's perfect! I like what I'm seeing on the trinity website. Nice to have all that included. Thank you so much!

The Newark Airport hotels are just that - airport hotels, not vacation destinations. They cater to a highly transient population. Poor reviews are often the result of folks being dumped unexpectedly in a hotel due to a travel interruption, so you have to take that into account.

I found the Ramada to be a solid 3* hotel. It's an older property (a little worn in some of the hallways), but had all the expected amenities in the room including free wifi and the bed was comfortable. There was a restaurant/bar as well as an extensive Cafe in the lobby area. I spoke to the folks on my shuttle and everyone had had a good experience.

Parking is gated with 7x24 security. Folks including airline crews come and go all the time from this property. It's on the north side of the airport next door to the Doubletree in a relatively isolated area not easily accessible to random foot traffic. No one has reported any issues with long term parking.

$224 tax included is an amazing price for the hotel room, 9 days parking, and round trip port transportation (value $110-140). You do have to prepay, but the cancellation policy is very reasonable.

The Newark Airport hotels are just that - airport hotels, not vacation destinations. They cater to a highly transient population. Poor reviews are often the result of folks being dumped unexpectedly in a hotel due to a travel interruption, so you have to take that into account.

I found the Ramada to be a solid 3* hotel. It's an older property (a little worn in some of the hallways), but had all the expected amenities in the room including free wifi and the bed was comfortable. There was a restaurant/bar as well as an extensive Cafe in the lobby area. I spoke to the folks on my shuttle and everyone had had a good experience.

Parking is gated with 7x24 security. Folks including airline crews come and go all the time from this property. It's on the north side of the airport next door to the Doubletree in a relatively isolated area not easily accessible to random foot traffic. No one has reported any issues with long term parking.

$224 tax included is an amazing price for the hotel room, 9 days parking, and round trip port transportation (value $110-140). You do have to prepay, but the cancellation policy is very reasonable.

Absolutely! We're coming from Ohio and that should be around 10 hour drive so we just want somewhere close to the port that we can park and sleep and having a bar/restaurant and a shuttle are big bonuses. Especially since there's 7 of us.:eek:

I have used Wyndham several times. Just call and ask Park and fly

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lots of EWR airport hotels offer a park and fly. Very few offer transfers to and from Cape Liberty. For 2-4 people these transfers can run $40+ each way with Uber and $55-70 each way with a taxi/car service, so that's an additional $80-140 cost on top of the basic park/fly rate. That's why $224 tax included is such a great deal for a hotel room, up to 21 days parking, and round trip Cape Liberty shuttle transportation.

We used Country Inn and Suites in September. Easy to get to and near a Mall - walking distance. The hotel was ok. Free breakfast was eh. Parking was right by the hotel and there was a gate but the gate was never down. The shuttle to the port is contracted (time were 10 am, 11am and noon) and they were great. They told us that if we could do walk-off at 8:30 they would be waiting. Otherwise we might have to wait until they brought the 10 am shuttle folks to the port. We did 8:30 and they were right there waiting. Totally worth the extra $100 for the hotel room for that 14 day cruise, but we would park at the port for a 7 day. A 9 day would be a toss-up, but we would probably just park at the port.

I believe it was $285 - not sure if that included the taxes or not, but it did include the parking, breakfast and shuttle both ways.

We used Country Inn and Suites in September. Easy to get to and near a Mall - walking distance. The hotel was ok. Free breakfast was eh. Parking was right by the hotel and there was a gate but the gate was never down. The shuttle to the port is contracted (time were 10 am, 11am and noon) and they were great. They told us that if we could do walk-off at 8:30 they would be waiting. Otherwise we might have to wait until they brought the 10 am shuttle folks to the port. We did 8:30 and they were right there waiting. Totally worth the extra $100 for the hotel room for that 14 day cruise, but we would park at the port for a 7 day. A 9 day would be a toss-up, but we would probably just park at the port.