Activities on a Viking Transatlantic cruise

CarpeDiem2

We are booked on a Viking transatlantic cruise and very much looking forward to it. What kinds of activities does Viking offer on the sea days?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not much to do on sea days one trivia at noon, that's about it. We took a tranatlantic in Oct. see my cruise review under Viking Sea

We are booked on a Viking transatlantic cruise and very much looking forward to it. What kinds of activities does Viking offer on the sea days? Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Not much to do on sea days one trivia at noon, that's about it. We took a tranatlantic in Oct. see my cruise review under Viking Sea

we usually had 3-4 lectures each sea day from the 5 guest lecturers on board and trivia each sea day at noon. some days had a movie in the theater

That sounds wonderful. I love a good guest lecture.

Having six sea days in a row, will help me slow down , enjoy the ocean, the night sky, fellow crusiers.

I will remember how Christorpher Columbus sailings over the same ocean changed the world forever.

I plan on rereading some of the books about his four voyages .:cool:

Add a nice glass of wine and I think you and I will get on just fine (y)

Oh, yes, I will have the beverage package on this sailing.

Nice wine, and my new favorite cocktail: Sidecar.:)

See you in the Explorer lounge.

That sounds wonderful. I love a good guest lecture.

Having six sea days in a row, will help me slow down , enjoy the ocean, the night sky, fellow crusiers.

I will remember how Christorpher Columbus sailings over the same ocean changed the world forever.

I plan on rereading some of the books about his four voyages .:cool:

We did the same route and you just have to unwind ! And hopefully you’ll have Great Weather !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On our San Juan to Barcelona, they formed a choir and had regular practices and performed the last evening at the party in the atrium. We attended the lectures, enjoyed a couple of movies on the tv in our room, played trivia every day. People who came with other had some serious games of cards going all the time. We enjoyed playing scrabble every evening before/after dinner. The shows were fun. They even had a "dance" class so we could join the dancing at the Abba production. Don't miss the smaller shows in the lounge. We enjoyed every minute of our sea days!

Thank you, everyone, for the information. We are looking forward to this cruise and enjoying the lectures, port talks, cooking demos, watching movies, chatting with new friends, playing a few board games, watching a show, taking part in a dance lesson, sipping a glass of wine while listening to a pianist, gazing out at the ocean, and perhaps reading a book on our balcony. Ahhhh! It sounds heavenly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Viking has lots of cards and board games but if you play dominoes, bring a set.. on the EBTA I played Mexican train or chicken dominoes almost nightly with a group I met on board..

OH, Mexican train brings back memories of playing it at the resorts I stayed at over many winters in warm places.

Hope some one on our ETA in March brings one.