Princess Riverside lodge in Fairbanks

JP-Cruise

Hello, I’m going on my first Alaska cruise tour with Princess cruiseline. So excited!

I found a cheap flight on princess eZair but I arrive at the princess riverside lodge in Fairbanks at 1:30 in the morning. I think our rooms are not ready until 3pm or something like that. Would they allow me to sleep on the couch in the lobby? lol

You are confirmed for this lodge? Princess uses several and usually does not confirm more than a few months prior.

Sorry but no- you won't be able to sleep in a public area. It is always loaded with people and very busy. IF you think you are going to be that tired where you have to sleep somewhere, then frankly book lodging. If you won't, then I'd say, stay at the airport.

You are confirmed for this lodge? Princess uses several and usually does not confirm more than a few months prior.

Sorry but no- you won't be able to sleep in a public area. It is always loaded with people and very busy. IF you think you are going to be that tired where you have to sleep somewhere, then frankly book lodging. If you won't, then I'd say, stay at the airport.

Really, I remember someone sleeping on the couch of the lobby last summer when I was at the Denali park village lodge. Maybe I’ll just email the lodge directly and see what my options are. Yes I am confirmed for this lodge. I booked my second Alaska cruise tour :D

Hello, I’m going on my first Alaska cruise tour with Princess cruiseline. So excited!

I found a cheap flight on princess eZair but I arrive at the princess riverside lodge in Fairbanks at 1:30 in the morning. I think our rooms are not ready until 3pm or something like that. Would they allow me to sleep on the couch in the lobby? lol

We wanted to make the most of our tour by being rested so we opted to come in a day early. Our original flight had been changed and we wouldn't arrive until like 3 am. So we changed it to the day earlier, arriving in the Fairbanks airport around 1am. We had booked with Princess an extra night of lodging. We checked in slept for about 7 hours and had the day to explore Fairbanks before our Princess land tour began. Good thing too because 2 of our 3 suitcases were damaged so badly that a trip to walmart was inorder to purchase new luggage.

Sleeping in the lodge wouldn't be any different than sleeping in any other hotel. I personally wouldn't want to spend my time like that before a big trip

We wanted to make the most of our tour by being rested so we opted to come in a day early. Our original flight had been changed and we wouldn't arrive until like 3 am. So we changed it to the day earlier, arriving in the Fairbanks airport around 1am. We had booked with Princess an extra night of lodging. We checked in slept for about 7 hours and had the day to explore Fairbanks before our Princess land tour began. Good thing too because 2 of our 3 suitcases were damaged so badly that a trip to walmart was inorder to purchase new luggage.

Sleeping in the lodge wouldn't be any different than sleeping in any other hotel. I personally wouldn't want to spend my time like that before a big trip[/quot

I’m very sorry to hear about your luggage. Ya I ended up purchasing an extra night. It was my only and best option since I booked an independent tour to the arctic circle and Anaktuvuk Pass. Very excited about this. Thanks for sharing your experience. So by purchasing an extra night I can go straight to my room and have a good sleep before my arctic adventure:)