How to post pictures ??

IflyWithDi

I have a iphone and the Crusie Critc app on my phone. So I can just take a picture and then what.... how do I get it to my live thread I will be doing on CC on my up coming cruise?
CC app isn't working on my Android now, so this how it works on TapaTalk.

Create a post, then look in bottom left for the add picture button. Looks like a page with + sign. On CC app it was a mountain.

Once you select that it will ask for a source. Take a picture, or select from gallery (source)

You may have to minimize your keyboard to see the add button. Good luck

c7a6639e889d0e67c282bebe75517bee.jpg61966bdee9c2a5aea727da204c858556.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Why can't you do it the old fashion way and just use scotch tape?

They load slower that way. :halo:

On Shutterfly you have to click on the photo you want to copy and once it is large, right click and copy it. Then just paste it into the body of the post here.

Vic

CC app isn't working on my Android now, so this how it works on TapaTalk.

Create a post, then look in bottom left for the add picture button. Looks like a page with + sign. On CC app it was a mountain.

Once you select that it will ask for a source. Take a picture, or select from gallery (source)

You may have to minimize your keyboard to see the add button. Good luck

c7a6639e889d0e67c282bebe75517bee.jpg61966bdee9c2a5aea727da204c858556.jpg

thank you .

I will try this on my roll call before I leave, just to make sure I have the process down.

I am doing a TA in March and will have lots of time , six sea days in a row, to post as part of my live reviews and included pictures would be great.

They load slower that way. :halo:

On Shutterfly you have to click on the photo you want to copy and once it is large, right click and copy it.

Then just paste it into the body of the post here.

Vic

Thanks! This worked.

Sorry Cuizer2 for the previous posts deleted.

Why does CC make it so hard to post a pic?

Why does CC make it so hard to post a pic?

It is like all the claims of something being intuitive. It is "intuitive" if you already know what it is.

Posting pictures is easy, once you know how to do it. I struggled at first also, so don't let that bother you. Now I'm fairly good at it. It is the one feature people usually comment on in my reviews. Since the change in Photobucket's terms, I've found another website (SmugMug) where I can now post even bigger pictures (not on CC - CC limits the size of the posted photo) by linking to them. I've been working on this in preparation for my upcoming cruise and thus upcoming cruise review.

From post# 1239

It is like all the claims of something being intuitive. It is "intuitive" if you already know what it is.

Posting pictures is easy, once you know how to do it.

I struggled at first also, so don't let that bother you.

Now I'm fairly good at it. It is the one feature people usually comment on in my reviews. Since the change in Photobucket's terms, I've found another website (SmugMug) where I can now post even bigger pictures (not on CC - CC limits the size of the posted photo) by linking to them.

I've been working on this in preparation for my upcoming cruise and thus upcoming cruise review.

Thank you!

I so much agree !

I will now look at your suggested website (SmugMug).

Edited by $hip$hape

What's with you and Gold today. First lounges, and now rocks?

If you got an offer like this (see below) you would be thinking gold also ...

Hello,

I apologize to encroach into your privacy in this manner, I got your contact from a directory on the Internet here in Afghanistan. I find it pleasurable to offer you my partnership in business and I pray at this time that, your e-mail contact address is still valid. I know you don't know me but I meant no harm sending you this note, just that I don't have anyone out there to talk to, as I lost my parents in a car Accident, when I was 11 year old, I was raised up by my adopted parents, but they died years ago, the relatives of my adopted Parents throw me out of the house saying that I was not their real daughter. I know you can handle this money for me on till I come over to meet with you, we can also build friendship with this transaction. I lived in Lake Jackson, Texas before joining the Force.

You may be wondering why I choose to trust a delicate matter like this in the care of a stranger, but this is the best I can do in my present situation and I would have trusted this kind of project in the hands of my Husband who was my closest confidant, but I lost him to cancer on 22nd April, 2006 5 months after we got married, and my only brother has ruined his life with hard drugs, hence my decision to work with a neutral person if we can establish some trust between ourselves instead of confiding in my buddies back home so that this little secret can be preserved.

Let me start by introducing myself. My names are Sgt. Monica L. Brown, I am assigned to 782nd Brigade Support Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team, and 82nd Airborne Division [3]. I am seeking your assistance to evacuate the sum of $10,500,000.00 (Ten Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) as far as I can be assured that it will be safe in your care until I complete my service here.

SOURCE OF MONEY:

I and some other high ranking Officers made some deal on oil business over there in Afghanistan before my exit to Iraq. The deal worth $132 Million United States Dollars and after we have all share the money I later realize $10.5 Million US DOLLARS which is my personal share of the deal, due to my status as a US Sergeant, I cannot be able to move this huge funds to my account in United States to avoid further interrogation or face any kind of probation by the U.S government and I packaged my own share in a briefcase and have sent it to the Red-Cross society, because there is no other way out to keep it with me here, so with the help of a German contact working with the UN here (his office enjoys some immunity) I was able to get the package out to a safe location entirely out of trouble spot. He does not know the real contents of the package, as I have deposited the consignment as a family treasure. Your acceptance to this would encourage me to send further information for us to proceed.

Furthermore, If my offer is of no appeal to you, delete this message and forget I ever contacted you. Do not destroy my career because you do not approve of my proposal. I believe that such opportunities only come ones way once in a lifetime. I cannot let this chance pass me by. For once I find myself in total control of my destiny. This chance won't pass me by. I ask that you do not destroy my chance, if you will not work with me let me know and let me move on with my life but do not destroy me. If you give me positive signals, I will give you the relevant details and initiate this process towards a conclusion. I send you this mail not without a measure of fear as to what the consequences, but I know within me that nothing ventured is nothing gained and that success and riches never come easy or on a platter of gold. Do not betray my confidence.

If you wish to proceed with this, please get back to me.

Regards,

Sgt. Monica L. Brown

Well I would use a four letter word to describe this offer. Its not Gold its Scam.

Regarding smugmug - this is a paid service? and can you have picture hosted there

with direct links to a forum or do you have to pull them off Smugmug then post them using

tapatalk?.

Well I would use a four letter word to describe this offer. Its not Gold its Scam.

Regarding smugmug - this is a paid service? and can you have picture hosted there

with direct links to a forum or do you have to pull them off Smugmug then post them using

tapatalk?.

Photobucket used to offer a free service that allowed direct linking. However, I have enough photos that I am posting that I was going over the bandwidth limit, so even on Photobucket I was using one of the paid options. I was paying $36 - $40 per year. Photobucket changed its terms of service and now the only option that offers direct linking is "only" $400 per year.

SmugMug does not offer a free option. However, it does offer unlimited storage and bandwidth and yes, unlimited direct linking to third party sites like Cruise Critic. I have the basic plan which is $48 per year. There are more expensive plans, but they are for people who want to set up their own websites to display the photos ($72/yr), or sell their photographs ($150/yr), or run a photography business ($300/yr). My basic plan also offers an unlimited slideshow option (Photobucket's slideshow was limited to fifty photographs).

SmugMug also offers a free two week trial with no credit card needed for the trial period. Also, if you are interested, I can get you a 20% discount for the first year (it is a referral discount - I'm only paying $38.40 for my first year as I was referred to the site).

SmugMug also offers good customer support. I had a question and received an answer in less than 24 hours.

I actually did some research before I selected SmugMug. I tried Shutterfly and I could not figure it out. So, before you choose a photo hosting site, try it out. Also, there are free photo hosting sites, however, it cost money to provide the photo hosting services and Internet connections for linking, so I don't mind paying for the service if it offers what I want. Photobucket used to (now it does not) and SmugMug now does.

Still, be careful of the free sites. I got burned by two. I had some photographs hosted on Webshots. That site got shut down without notice. Now I think it is back up, but all the photographs that were hosted are no longer there. Photobucket at least provided some notice (Photobucket still offers a free photo hosting service, but there is no third party linking). I even had a paid account with Photobucket. As I said, I'm willing to pay a reasonable fee. I do not consider $400 per year to be reasonable. Even SmugMug's best package which offers more than Photobucket does, cost 25% less.

Here is a link to an article you should read before using a free photo hosting site ...

https://petapixel.com/2016/03/11/dont-trust-free-photo-hosting-sites-problem-flickr/

Here is a list of photo hosting websites, however, the information provided is not up-to-date ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_image-sharing_websites

Thankyou that is a very helpful and extensive reply.that I am sure will assist many in making

a decision on where to store their pictures. At the moment I do not really need the service

smugmug offer. I have a couple of 1Tb disks that I keep my pictures on and my son has

a backup copy on another computer. I dont post many pictures either so for now I will

stick with googlepics -though cumbersome it does work for me. I did also look at Flickr

and Tiny pic Flickr seems to have a download limit - ie you cant have too many hits and

there is IIRC something about they Might delete pics not viewd after 90 days!!

Tinypic is owned by Photobucket so say no more.

Wow! nearly there - I think something has changed on google regarding photos in tha last few days

dUwH6sGkBvPuOK-5J7yyg8N87l0VMDS8RbiTEuUtAY5D52P47NRdaUj8du11EVJRkvhfMZgfbA8C9It4SdCvL7pvatYkUAr7iztzoNT280glEYFIxTkJTN6fqbordh2TUfp_fCij5-lNwdObNHw-JCdgZMpcJ6s2PZHM4CVOu1QOLPEiB_Zz5z2SEHUX_TuZmoFiI0n5Q1Ot74D-kkj7l9sAFI77QM8NHJLcqVI3aazZhPriFrIGHqubJBdxgBMIb-pvYR61h5fGgiaYZJ-VaWsUNtk277lHsIlAuj8e6v5PMO1LcsA2ganqbuI3Cp8Ot-R_nTvZE559xkHBWmmKUvzXxnoQevGjYHUFb2M0u2tIuo7_el7gCQHqLN1FhaWWtexs8WyVqXkmoEUb65YAz_34oamhUq9Egal-NDmpWd3TplD5RmubJ9v4tMx35iH3G4OHPlB5QBzrH0qqJGXbvxcK_7oEthJshMTu6tgfblbnKyYjGwtmbEHWbAJzAzjI_dVNPMO9FmULno-TvdIhMhIkGqCh5YvnGxXGJhz4A9hwNy8A61PNtdzx09tWegTQjP9LKEuG-zFxMxlKuLWosj4jT9M4rWB9CEPJMo6Wusvd1v7evho20RgkpIFHead_8QOCXe3ZkWTM5wj8i0G2bIX5AlR1ZMYP=w464-h653-no

This might not stay "up" after you or I log out of Google.

I know, it's frustrating that it seems every few weeks some code change screws up the ability to just hotlink.