Booked for Thanksgiving

Tiki_Man

The Tiki's are doing Thanksgiving on SeaDream again. We are booked on SD1 from St. Maarten on Nov 20th. Can't wait.

Looking at the itinerary I can't seem to find if/when they will do the caviar lunch. We go to St Barths, Anguilla, St Kitts and Nevis. I am guessing if they do the "splash" it will be at Nevis? Anyone have any thoughts or knowledge of this itinerary?

Mark

Yes, Nevis. We did this for the first time last year. It was absolutely delightful. They took us to a beach club, but I don't know that there was anyone there but our group. Beautiful set-up - lots of chairs, all under umbrellas and close to the water. Lunch was served in an inside/outside setting - in the building and under the roof, but walls open. It couldn't have been nicer. There was also a pool. The water was too high for the yacht to get close enough to use zodiacs to the beach, so we tendered to the port on the island and then we were bused.

Must concur with Zimmy's evaluation (reckless for me not to). Because of the high surf, the "splash" was in the sand, but fun nonetheless. They had vans waiting at the club to take you back to the pier whenever you were ready to go. Tough on the crew, though, who also had to schlep everything in the vans. Although I savor every meal on SD, the picnic is still my favorite. For history (or musical theater) buffs, Alexander Hamilton's birthplace is right near the pier in Charlestown.

We've done the splash in Nevis twice and were able to use the zodiacs. Hopefully that's a possibility for you, it definitely adds to the charm of the Splash. The restrooms and the open-air building for eating lunch are gorgeous...the beach and sand not as pretty as Soggy Dollar.

My rating for the splash

#1 Soggy Dollar

#2 Nevis

#3 Fishers Cove

That being said, it's always my favorite day of the cruise and the year!

Excellent news, thank you all. Zodiac landings are always the most fun - except Mrs Tiki has a tendency to end up a bit "non-dry" each time she attempts to hop on board (the champagne might also be a cause - but always fun).

Less than 110 days but who's counting.

Anyone know the Captain rotation for SD1 after the Transatlantic? Who the Master might be during Thanksgiving?

Mark