Just got a call to upgrade from V2 to OS!

cpgrneyes

The upgrade fairy just gave me a wonderful visit! I would have been happy to move to a Club Continent suite, but never dreamed it might be to an Owner's Suite. I promise never to complain about life not being fair again.

Thanks, Cheryl

Edited by cpgrneyes

Very nice. Congratulations!

I'm hoping that I'll get a call for a paid upgrade closer to sailing time on our B2B on the Quest in January as it's selling very poorly right now and I anticipate prices dropping.

We usually book a balcony or higher on Celebrity but with our poor Canadian dollar, the prices for the balconies on Azamara are really high so I'm settling for an obstructed ov. I'm almost tempted to cancel and rebook after final payment but I'm one that likes planning long in advance so won't.

I've heard so many wonderful things about Azamara so I'm really looking forward to it.

Annwyl

We are confirmed! I've stayed in the Club Continent suite several times, but never in a big suite. I'm thrilled. Congrats to you trk_koa!

We sail September 16. The verandas are sold out, so they must have had a GTY they needed to open up.

Thanks for the order to grab it, Phil ;)

Yes we had a similar call today but the cost when they do the $ to £ conversion on a 7 night cruise meant it was not for us even though it is our 20th anniversary on the cruise.

We sail on Journey October 2. We had booked on the double upgrade promo in November 2016 while aboard X, so even with the cost of this upgrade, I think we are still under what a V2 was going for last fall.

We are sailing with my sister, so I am thinking of buying her a dining package so she will be able to join us in specialty. Celebrating her retirement. We are all three first timers with Azamara.

That is so great! I hope you have the absolute best time on your cruise and enjoy every single drop. We have our first AZ cruise next July and it's a very popular itinerary so doubt there will be upgrades, but one can always hope. ;)

We got a phone call when we were offered an LCV upgrade. Perhaps you should contact LCV and let them know that they should contact you via email.

Good idea. Did that once when our TA was away on a cruise and did get an upgrade after getting a phone call from Guatemala.

We sail on Journey October 2. We had booked on the double upgrade promo in November 2016 while aboard X, so even with the cost of this upgrade, I think we are still under what a V2 was going for last fall.

We are sailing with my sister, so I am thinking of buying her a dining package so she will be able to join us in specialty. Celebrating her retirement. We are all three first timers with Azamara.

You were VERY lucky to get an upgrade being your first Azamara Cruise, enjoy your first Azamara experience.

Lucky you, cpgrneyes! Maybe it was your green eyes that got you the upgrade?? Enjoy the Best of the Best special dinner; it will be superb. And enjoy all that extra space indoors and out. You may never leave your suite! We recently looked to book an AZ re-positioning crossing, but since there were no OS cabins left, we nixed it. I guess we are completely spoiled. But what a way to go!

Lucky you, cpgrneyes! Maybe it was your green eyes that got you the upgrade?? Enjoy the Best of the Best special dinner; it will be superb. And enjoy all that extra space indoors and out. You may never leave your suite! We recently looked to book an AZ re-positioning crossing, but since there were no OS cabins left, we nixed it. I guess we are completely spoiled. But what a way to go!

I couldn't believe it! We did have to pay $1,000 pp, but with the great deal we got, our total is still thousands below what the V2's were going for several months ago. You nailed my concern - we'll be completely spoiled when we go back to Verandas, but I'll enjoy every minute. Since we have a busy week of traveling when we disembark the ship, we'll enjoy luxurious relaxing in the cabin. It's been years since we enjoyed a room service dinner!

BTW, will we know the date of the Best of the Best dinner when we board?

BTW, will we know the date of the Best of the Best dinner when we board?

Yes you will. Ask one of the senior restaurant staff or Hotel Director. A couple of other things. They will do you room service from the Specialties if you want it and ask nicely. You'll also get room service breakfast if you want it on the last morning. I

Phil

This might be an LCV upgrade. If you look at the website carefully it says that $398 is the price for upgrades up to and including CC suites. It goes on to say "Reduced stateroom upgrades are now available for guests who book Club Continent Suites. Upgrades will be from Club Continent Suites to Club Spa Suites, Club Ocean Suites, and Club World Owners Suites. Pricing will vary, and will not be $398 USD per stateroom."

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This might be an LCV upgrade. If you look at the website carefully it says that $398 is the price for upgrades up to and including CC suites. It goes on to say "Reduced stateroom upgrades are now available for guests who book Club Continent Suites. Upgrades will be from Club Continent Suites to Club Spa Suites, Club Ocean Suites, and Club World Owners Suites. Pricing will vary, and will not be $398 USD per stateroom."

That's interesting, certainly not heard of that before, does it mean that those of us who book CC suites need to complete the LCV upgrade form as well?

Maybe that's why upgrades are being offered to passengers in balcony cabins who have applied rather than those in CC suites who like us would not of thought to fill in the LCV upgrade form.

Maybe they asked all CC LCV members who had filled in the upgrade form, and no-one wanted to pay $2000. I don't think I would, as you get most of the same benefits in a CC suite. Although the large suites are lovely, the extra space wouldn't be worth that amount for me. Uktog said they were also called about this upgrade, but decided not to take it up.

Info was shared for full disclosure, and there were no CC suite available at the time I received the offer and no verandas either. As I said in my OP, I guessed the offer was made to satisfy GTY verandas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums