Alaska With a 10 Year Old

dmoranphotog

Hello. We are looking at cruising to Alaska in August with my parents and our 10-year-old daughter. We know that Royal Caribbean would be great for our daughter, but has anyone had experience on an August Alaska cruise on Princess or Holland America? I'm wondering if there would be enough kids and a good kids club to keep our 10-year-old entertained so we can have some grownup time. Note: When she was younger, she loved Princess Pelicans, but was not thrilled with it on our last cruise - possibly because of the small number of older kids.

Thanks!

I took my sons (10&7) on the princess cruise the end of this past September and they loved it. We are actually booked for sept ‘18 through princess again because it was such a good experience. My ten year old loved the kids club for his age (as did my 7 year old) and I would say there were probably 15 kids in each of their age groups. We also did a lot of things together as a family and overall had a amazing experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are cruising on RCCL Radiance of the Seas northbound Alaska from Vancouver in August 2018. Our twins will be 10, our youngest son will be 6. My mom is coming with us too. We will be in two neighboring cabins. I have heard good things about RCCL's kids programming, and hope my kids enjoy it even if they don't use it a ton.