Viking ocean cruise referral. Get $200 in coupons

Opfitness

Hello,

My name is Steve. My fiancé Jane and I have booked and ocean cruise on Viking. When I was talking to the agent, he said we could get $200 in savings if we knew someone who has sailed with Viking ocean cruises before. Also the person who we knew would get $200 in savings also. I have a couple months to find someone and get these savings. If would like to contact me please feel free. The agent said this message board was a good way to find someone. Thank you, Steve

You should be aware that Viking changed their policy on referrals in 2013 to prohibit online referrals.

"Advertising of customer name or ID number in public forums such as on the internet, social media or published newsletter is considered misuse of Vikings referral rewards program. Rewards earned will be voided without notice."

http://wpc.475d.edgecastcdn.net/00475D/PDF/VikingReferralRewardsProgram_Update_112013.pdf

You should be aware that Viking changed their policy on referrals in 2013 to prohibit online referrals.

"Advertising of customer name or ID number in public forums such as on the internet, social media or published newsletter is considered misuse of Vikings referral rewards program. Rewards earned will be voided without notice."

http://wpc.475d.edgecastcdn.net/00475D/PDF/VikingReferralRewardsProgram_Update_112013.pdf

Jazz, very interesting since I inferred from OP's post that it was a Viking agent suggesting it in the first place. Further, reading what you quoted, it does not seem to say that one can't even ask for a referral number in a public forum, only that we cannot respond publicly with the information. Finally, the policy change is dated 2013 and Viking is always changing things, so, is the information in this description even still the current description of the program? I don't know what to think.

There was a sticky on this subject. Online referrals are voided by Viking, even months later.. The sticky is on the "river cruises" section.

I wrote that. There was a big brouhaha because one frequent poster was collecting tons of referrals, to the point that she had earned a free cruise. When Viking figured that out they changed the policy and voided all her credits (and those of her 'referees' as well).

I wrote that. There was a big brouhaha because one frequent poster was collecting tons of referrals, to the point that she had earned a free cruise. When Viking figured that out they changed the policy and voided all her credits (and those of her 'referees' as well).

Jazz, any way of sticking it here as well?

Jazz, any way of sticking it here as well?

I checked, and Viking has updated the relevant web page -- with the same wording. So I made a Sticky for this forum:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2557467

Edited by Host Jazzbeau