recycling clothing among cc members (part two)

Hello ladies! I’ve been gone for quite a while due to a couple of major life upheavals. Almost two years ago my husband passed away after a sudden, brief battle with lung cancer. Some days it still doesn’t seem possible or real. I own have my mother living with me. She will be 90 in a few weeks.

However I have recently been seeing a wonderful man and while a cruise is in our future, he’s invited me to two fancy/formal occasions in November and December, so I thought I’d better get back into the swing of this fashion thing. I haven’t worn anything but jeans or shorts for way too long!

Happy to see that you are back. very sorry for your loss of your husband.

Wishing you the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Ladies!

I think I've only posted on this thread a couple times...but I have lurked here.

I relocated last summer...and I'm beginning my prep work for moving again in 13 months after my DS graduates from high school. I'll be clearing out my closet...and posting things that I think are worth passing on to someone here.

It's weird but the first thing I have to post are shoes. I hope that's okay. Everyone posts dresses, but the first decision I can make is shoes. Several years ago now I blew out my ACL doing the Wobble dance of all things...I just landed wrong on an exaggerated jump into that hip action. Yikes! I didn't do any other damage to my knee so we went with conservative treatment...which means that I did PT and otherwise, I live life now without an ACL in my left knee.

Suffice it to say that I have finally decided that even if I were to be in excellent physical condition, wearing heels seems like a really stupid thing for me to do. One bad wobble (OMG...) and I could really do serious damage to my knee.

So I'm ready to let go of my last heels. I had worn them so little...I had saved them...but now, I want them to have a life and not be stuck in my closet any more.

I know many on this board are like me and don't wear heels, but I think there are many here that do...or have daughters that do...so we'll see how this goes.

The first pair is more casual. Platform wedges. Jambu brand. I have never worn these shoes. I hurt my knee before I had occasion to wear them. I have a size 9.5M. I could find a sold out listing of the shoe here:

https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/861841/jambu-gem-wedge-sandal?color=CORAL-TAN

The next shoe is this one: Copy and paste the link below and it should bring up a pintrest page of a shoe available at Dillards. It's Antonio Melani brand, Paulina style in a rose gold metallic. This is a higher heel, but they are surprisingly comfortable. I searched high and low for these shoes because I won't wear uncomfortable shoes and I wanted this rosy metallic to wear with a specific dress for a cruise nearly 4 years ago...I wore them ONCE...on that cruise. I have a size 10M.

https://pin.it/6pimiptsbaupn5

The last pair is a pair of Rockport Adiprene by Adidas heeled sandals. The insole is an Adidas proprietary thing so they are VERY comfortable. They are nude leather uppers with a mix of patent and matte leather. I also wore these once for an anniversary dinner with my DH. I have a size 9.5M. This is what they look like (the one odd ball photo that is much warmer than the others...more tan than taupe is the best representation of the color).:

https://www.olx.ua/obyavlenie/bosonozhki-rockport-35r-IDzmUjQ.html

All of these shoes are in excellent condition. I am not embarrassed at all to offer them up. I keep forgetting to post about them because I keep forgetting to take photos during the day. Even the shoes like I've worn once look brand new...the soles aren't scuffed and the lettering is perfectly clear on the inside of the shoes.

If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to post photos of my actual shoes.

I think the protocol here is for the person that wants them to pay for shipping? Is that correct? Works for me.

I can be reached through the following email...with no spaces:

cc anita latte at gee mail dot com.

For reference...I typically wear a 9.0/9.5. I seem to be able to do the smaller sizes in some athletic shoes...but of late, the larger size seems to work better for more structured shoes. The one pair is a 10 because that was the most comfy on my toes and had the best toe box for me...and I could get the strap tight enough so they worked well.

Anita Latte,

Your shoes a beautiful and just my size. But, like you I don't wear heels. Maybe the shoes that I wear all the time might be good for you. I wear Sketchers, the one that look like ballet shoes. https://www.skechers.com/en-us/style/15402/skechers-gowalk-lite-gemma/bbk I also have a bad knee too. these work for me.

Anita Latte your shoes are gorgeous and I wish my feet were a bit bigger so I could take advantage of your generosity. I’m 8/8.5. I can wear heels but nothing stiletto or over 3”. I recently had my favorite two pair give out at the same time. Cannot seem to find replacements I love as much.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you Ladies!

I think I'm the first to post shoes...so I really appreciate the feedback!

The Jambus have been claimed.

Still available are the rose gold metallic and the nude.

I wore the nude with a red dress. They are a really good nude color and the matte/patent leather really helps them not be completely boring for a nude shoe. I measured the heel...a smudge under 3 inches.

It isn't Prom season...but Homecoming is right around the corner...if anyone has a teenager for the rose gold, I don't mind if you consult with family for interest. They do have a platform toe box so the heel isn't quite as tall as it first looks...the platform is 1.25 inches, so the "heel" is 3.375" inches.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Anita Latte (LOVE the name btw) I hate that I missed the Jambu wedges, I've been looking for something similar for my upcoming cruise - same size too! :loudcry::loudcry:

Aside the lure of practically free shoes (what!) I think I was drawn to this post because I too have torn my ACL attempting to dance... except mine involved the show Toddlers and Tiaras and my way too old/overweight/should have known better body attempting one of their dance routines. :o:oSo you are not alone... And should feel prouder knowing that someone has done something far sillier...

:)

Aw Pink...I don't know what the deal is with all the ACL injuries in the world! I taught Zumba for several years...I was still an instructor when I got injured. I heard of several injuries doing Zumba...you are the first person with a story similar to mine. I can't help it...I always give DH a look whenever I hear Wobble...and I have to dance it still. Ah well. Did you have surgery? Or are you a coper?

Michelle? I'm pretty sure it's Michelle that claimed the Jambus...could you please email me again? I did something to wipe out over half of my gmail inbox and I've tried for days now to recover...I thought I had a cached screen up on a different device, but no joy...and I'm finally giving up. I need you to send me your address again please.

• 2 weeks later...
Aw Pink...I don't know what the deal is with all the ACL injuries in the world! I taught Zumba for several years...I was still an instructor when I got injured. I heard of several injuries doing Zumba...you are the first person with a story similar to mine. I can't help it...I always give DH a look whenever I hear Wobble...and I have to dance it still. Ah well. Did you have surgery? Or are you a coper?

I went with surgery: laparoscopic ACL reconstruction and then physical therapy. That was almost 10 years ago and that knee still isn’t right. And I totally understand with the Wobble... it’s just so... catchy.

Hi Anita Latte (LOVE the name btw) I hate that I missed the Jambu wedges, I've been looking for something similar for my upcoming cruise - same size too! :loudcry::loudcry:

Aside the lure of practically free shoes (what!) I think I was drawn to this post because I too have torn my ACL attempting to dance... except mine involved the show Toddlers and Tiaras and my way too old/overweight/should have known better body attempting one of their dance routines. :o:oSo you are not alone... And should feel prouder knowing that someone has done something far sillier...

:)

B00412J8A6 This shoe... Nicolette....

tiernan-luggage-leather in this color... Luggage Leather.

A size 9M. Walking Cradles Elites

Brand new. Never worn. But, not a new style as they have been hanging out in my closet as a backup pair of wedges. Now, I find myself not even wanting that little bit of wedge due to some hip aggravation. So...

The only issue is that I am leaving in a few days and won't be back until October. I know that this aren't quite Jambu style, but thought I'd just see is they appealed to you. Don't know when you're cruising?.....

If they aren't quite the style that Pink is looking for.... anyone else?

If she does not want them I would love the luggage tan ones . My email is Mmmgr2@hotmail.com

Maureen (Sailor _Sally ) . We wear sandals year round so I am in no hurry for them.

Hey Sally...Mom said that there has been no other response to her post, so I think the shoes are up for grabs. She said they are all yours when she gets back. I talked to her this morning. They did an overnight in New Jersey last night and are headed out to JFK this afternoon for their flight to Barcelona...so they're vacation has begun! She'll be in touch when she gets back...which I think is October 3 or 4?

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome Anita! You got this thread moving for awhile. Still not seeing other....

I’m packing for our trip to the Taj Mahal, Nepal and Sri Lanka. We are leaving on the 11th and will be back November 17th. I’m also getting ready for our next 180 days around the world cruise. Just put aside many gowns and dresses to donate, but they have to wait after the trip.

Happy Cruising

Marie

Awesome Anita! You got this thread moving for awhile. Still not seeing other....

I’m packing for our trip to the Taj Mahal, Nepal and Sri Lanka. We are leaving on the 11th and will be back November 17th. I’m also getting ready for our next 180 days around the world cruise. Just put aside many gowns and dresses to donate, but they have to wait after the trip.

Happy Cruising

Marie

Safe travels, Marie, have a wonderful time.

Bon Voyage Marie!

Today I am offering up a simple Rayon/Spandex jersey knit maxi dress, Size Large. It's super comfortable and features a built in shelf bra. It's a pullover style with ties at the back of the neck, forming a kind of halter top / sleeveless neckline style. The colors are a very dark navy (see photo where I hold it up to a black pashmina scarf for comparison) patterned background with fuschia and white. The fabric has great drape which is why it looks so small on the hanger. (I'm kind of between an XL and L and this fits me just fine). What I mean by drape is that it hangs down as opposed to being a floppy knit that might have a tendency to ride up.

It's on my giveaway list because the color is all wrong for me. If you know me from the Earth thread...then you know these aren't anywhere close to my colors...but I needed a dress like this for an occasion a couple years ago and bought it for that. It has since been worn a couple times but I usually pass over it because I have more flattering colored outfits to choose from now for similar occasions.

I think this dress needs to go on a cruise! Please email me at cc anita latte at gee mail dot com if you are interested!

IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2275.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg