Launderettes on Spirit

imcpa

Am I correct that I don't need to bring detergent for the free launderettes on the Silver Spirit because it is automatically "fed" into the machine for each wash?

Also, should I bring dryer sheets for the dryers, or is that somehow taken care of as well?

Thanks for the help.

I am currently on the Spirit. No, you don't need to bring detergent for the launderette; it is provided and you feed it to the machine. Now, I don't use dryer sheets, so can't tell they are provided (didn't see any...).

I do not believe dryer sheets are provided. Also, if your laundry room is crowded, go up to deck 10 where the Silver suites are. Since those suites come with free laundry, the laundry room is never busy.

It's my understanding that the detergent onboard is an environmentally friendly one, so I don't know about bringing ones own to use.

I always put dryer sheets in my luggage to keep everything smelling fresh, so I always have them. I would prefer never to do my own laundry and love it when I am aboard and it comes back the same day all wonderfully folded or hung up!

What a treat!

I still hand wash items some items, and there is a retractable line in the bathroom area. Things dry quickly there.

The launderette also has an iron and ironing board.

Just curious about how much does it cost for the ship to do your laundry?

When we cruised the Gauguin or Windstar, we've bought a weekly laundry package and found it well worth it.

We are considering a cruise this fall and wondered what the options are?

Edited by brazzleman
spelling

Just curious about how much does it cost for the ship to do your laundry?

When we cruised the Gauguin or Windstar, we've bought a weekly laundry package and found it well worth it.

We are considering a cruise this fall and wondered what the options are?

We got off the Spirit yesterday...I don't believe they offer a laundry package. We have free laundry do to the number of days but we still wash certain things ourselves.

One thing that we found relatively new (since December 2014) are some new washing machines and dryers on the Spirit (unless we didn't notice last time or forgot). They are Miele and energy efficient, so to do a full wash cycle it takes 70-90 minutes...and the drying takes a long time also. The other option is using the express cycle when washing which is 20 minutes or so and gets clothes quite clean. I know we wear the casual clothes once and wash them. They don't get that dirty so we use the express cycle. Wish other people would as well, but I don't think they realize it exists. You do have to pay attention and get your clothes out of the washer or dryer as people would definitely take your clothes out if you left then in there too long. We were a little surprised how busy the laundrette on our deck was, but it may have been because we had extremely hot weather.

I'll try to remember how much it costs to launder items. It was certainly cheaper than a hotel but slightly more than your local laundrette/dry cleaner.

As I recall on The Whisper the machines must have been similar to Spirit because through word of mouth everyone was encouraged to use the Express Wash setting. The laundry room on that ship was very busy but I believe they were not on every floor. I think there's a laundry on every floor on the Spirit but there are also more pax so perhaps it's just as busy.

• 3 years later...