Best cruise line for young people

ehsun

I'm currently looking for a cruise line that is suitable for young people but lines that still could be luxurious in a way of like amenities and perks. For example something like the premium class market but would still work for young people to meet others. Do you guys have any ideas or suggestions?

• 10 months later...

Honestly none of the cruises that seemed geared for young people are the higher end ones. I know you haven't been on here in almost a year but maybe you are lerking. I'm similar to you. I want to meet people my age but I would like something more high end. I found it's one or the other. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying something new by booking one of the Havana Cabins on the Carnival Vista. I usually cruise RCCL or Carnival and like a lot of activity but the LIDO deck on Carnival is just too crowded for peak periods with just one pool in the main area. The Havana cabins have access to a private pool/hot tub  area that looks pretty great. I'll still move over to the main deck later in the afternoon when crowds go down but that might be a combination that would suit your desire for more luxurious accommodations.

• 6 months later...

IMO, every ship offers a premium experience if you're willing to pay for it. Suites, VIP areas, A la carte restaurants, etc.

Does that mean you're going to meet a young single person in these areas? Not likely. On any ship. The more expensive the ship/suite/etc, the more likely you'll find older people and couples.

I think the only way to reliably "meet someone" on a cruise is through an organized Singles group travel company. From there, you can choose cruises on more high-end ships, as well as choose more premium cabin/suite.  There are usually sub-groups within the larger travel group who share a desire for, and means to achieve a more premium experience, and you can hang out with them. These groups are also often age-defined. So you can join a 20-30s group, or avoid a 50s-70s group.

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2018 at 3:54 PM, ehsun said:

I'm currently looking for a cruise line that is suitable for young people but lines that still could be luxurious in a way of like amenities and perks. For example something like the premium class market but would still work for young people to meet others. Do you guys have any ideas or suggestions?

You may want to consider the larger NCL ships.  They have a large number of studio, single occupancy cabins that are geared to those traveling alone, the studio has a private lounge that during the day is restricted to passengers in studio cabins.  Usually they open that space up to a reception each evening that is open to any solo travelers.  The studio are very mainstream.  

For the luxury aspect  "The Haven" is a premium part of the ship.  Higher end cabins, more personalized service, dedicated less crowded dinning and pool areas etc.  It is basically a ship within a ship concept.   Passengers in the haven have access to the other solo events on the ship.  

The ship-within a ship concept is not unique to NCL.  Others are doing it as well especially on larger ships.   NCL is a more casual ship that some of the others.  So if your looking for a more formal experience the other lines may be a better fit. 

• 1 year later...