Charge introduced for Solarium Bistro

The_Big_M

Keep meaning to post, but keep forgetting.

A couple of weeks back I saw in upcoming dining reservations on Ovation that there was now a significant fee for Solarium Bistro. It used to be free, but is now $33.25 Australian.

This is in Australian dollars, so not sure what the US cost is - I expect something like $25.

Unless they change the menu significantly, there's nothing at the Bistro worth that kind of upcharge.

Is very nice but the menu is not worth paying a $25 extra charge for.

I agree and it will likely result in another completely empty dining venue like Johnny Rockets was most of the time on our two Anthem 12 night cruises we did last winter. :(

Edited by robtulipe

It is entirely possible that they are going to run Ovation's Solarium Bistro like Oasis' and Allure's.

Solarium Bistro being free on Anthem initially came as a surprise to most people, since they had only seen O & A's being run as a specialty restaurant.

Someone needs to "take one for the team" and try it on Ovation. ;)

It is entirely possible that they are going to run Ovation's Solarium Bistro like Oasis' and Allure's.

Solarium Bistro being free on Anthem initially came as a surprise to most people, since they had only seen O & A's being run as a specialty restaurant.

Someone needs to "take one for the team" and try it on Ovation. ;)

Carol, there have been reports that Solarium Bistro has been free for dinner on the Oasis for about a month now, it's been free for dinner on Harmony and it's only on Allure for breakfast and lunch and then changes to Samba where there is still a charge.

Carol, there have been reports that Solarium Bistro has been free for dinner on the Oasis for about a month now, it's been free for dinner on Harmony and it's only on Allure for breakfast and lunch and then changes to Samba where there is still a charge.

Wonderful selections, food and ambiance - Well worth it. Free for breakfast and lunch. Best place on the ship in my opinion.

Seems odd that it was free for a while and has gone back to having a charge. Some sort of experiment?

What I have read is free for breakfast and lunch and fee for dinner.

I just checked Cruise Planner for Oasis and it shows Solarium Bistro/dinner charge is $20. My memory served me correctly one more time. Still free for breakfast and lunch.

Edited by Snit13
add info

I just checked Cruise Planner for Oasis and it shows Solarium Bistro/dinner charge is $20.

Yes, that is correct, at least for our departure on Oct 22. But there were also several recent first hand accounts reported that Solarium Bistro was serving complimentary dinner on Oasis. I cancelled our paid reservations and will confirm whether it is a specialty or complimentary restaurant when contacted by the concierge before our cruise or after we board.

Keep meaning to post, but keep forgetting.

A couple of weeks back I saw in upcoming dining reservations on Ovation that there was now a significant fee for Solarium Bistro. It used to be free, but is now $33.25 Australian.

This is in Australian dollars, so not sure what the US cost is - I expect something like $25.

Just looked at my cruise planner for Oct. on the Ovation and it says from $25 USD pp. for the Solarium Bistro.