Any advantage to booking next cruise while on cruise ?

Going on my 50th Bday cruise end of month, we are looking at next years cruise for wife, are the incentives/deals worth it to book on the ship ?

Without names per TOS and a starting flame war , do you recommend booking thru cruise line or agent ? Please IM names, Never had a bad experience with agent but never received any real benefit either, On Board Credit,baskets,etc.

Thought ?

The on board booking benefits usually are limited to a reduced deposit and an amount of OBC that is based on the length of the cruise booked. The stateroom rates and any other benefits are based on any promotion available at the time of booking to the general public.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We booked a cruise (that leaves Oct 28) on our last cruise and got a great deal. We only had to put down $100 deposit for two people but we actually put down more because they gave use the amount of our deposit as on board credit on the cruise we were booking AND on our current cruise, so it was almost like being free because we were going to have to pay that much for our charges anyway. I don't know if they'll have the same deal this next time or not but we're going to try. We've done it several times and always gotten a good deal, plus the thrill of knowing you have your next cruise booked! We leave in about two and a half weeks on the Oasis (for Halloween cruise) and booking a next cruise to the Mediterranean.

Ken, Anthem was having a sale that if you booked between certain hours, or days, they were giving out $300.00 in addition to the usual discount. :) I can't remember if it was up to $300.00 or just $300.00.

I believe, as I have seen this on all the other ships that I have been on that it is the oppoeprtunkty to "win" an additional $300 if you booked on board in the first 2 days. Everyone booking in the first 2 days is entered into a draw for the $300. The signs are deceiving and you need to read the fine print. I was lucky and won the extra $300 on Freedom in December 2015.