Do Royal bartenders allow you to get two drinks at a time with bev package?

CamaCama

Specifically on Allure... can DH get us both drinks at the bar or will we both need to be present if we have drink packages? What has been your experience? Debating drink packages for us now since they are discounted...

Yes, he can get you both a drink if he brings both sea pass cards to prove you both have a drink package. If he only has a drink package, he can buy you a drink with his card, he just has to explain what he is doing as some bartenders think you are trying to get two drinks on one package.

Ok great thanks! Might be worth it for $50/day, trying to decide if we want to do it...

Get the liquor package even if you are a light drinker, cocktails are almost 10 dollars and beers are over $7.

Previous cruises I would get the all inclusive non liquor package, after seeing these outrageous prices I will get the liquor package for now on. Even though I dont drink alot.

Get the liquor package even if you are a light drinker, cocktails are almost 10 dollars and beers are over $7.

Previous cruises I would get the all inclusive non liquor package, after seeing these outrageous prices I will get the liquor package for now on. Even though I dont drink alot.

Only get a package if you drink $50 in included beverages a day, otherwise it is a waste of money. I only have one, maybe two drinks a day, no way would I get an alcohol package.

Edit: This is totaling discounting the free happy hours drinks as the OP does not look to be diamond from their signature.

Edited by reallyitsmema

Only get a package if you drink $50 in included beverages a day, otherwise it is a waste of money. I only have one, maybe two drinks a day, no way would I get an alcohol package.

Edit: This is totaling discounting the free happy hours drinks as the OP does not look to be diamond from their signature.

I easily drink 5 cocktails a night. Rum, Cranberry, Sprite. Try it, never wakeup with a hangover and never get too tipsy. I can drink em all night. But at 9.38 a drink, next time I'm getting the package. I drink after dinner, so my 3 free drink or DL is down for the count by then.

Edited by Moltar

I easily drink 5 cocktails a night. Rum, Cranberry, Sprite. Try it, never wakeup with a hangover and never get too tipsy. I can drink em all night. But at 9.38 a drink, next time I'm getting the package. I drink after dinner, so my 3 free drink or DL is down for the count by then.

Well, that comes down to your definition of a light drinker, I do not consider someone who has 5 cocktails a night to be a light drinker. A drink package is a no brainer if you drink that many cocktails.

Hey, you are on vacation, If you want to enjoy fresh squeezed OJ, a few cups of decent coffee, a few umbrella drinks or beers around the pool, then add a drink getting ready for dinner, a drink at the theater, a couple glasses of wine with dinner, and a few drinks in one of the clubs, and bring back soda or water to your cabin, or take on a shore excursion, the package is a no brainer and had paid for itself by dinner.

Have a nice cruise :)

We've had the drink package on several ships, and I've never had problems going up to the bar with several cards (that each have the drink package), and getting one per card. The most drinks I've ever gotten was 4 at the same time (note, I had 4 cards with me, and they each had the drink package sticker)

Well, that comes down to your definition of a light drinker, I do not consider someone who has 5 cocktails a night to be a light drinker. A drink package is a no brainer if you drink that many cocktails.

There are other drink options with the drink package besides alcohol.

There is fresh squeezed OJ, premium coffee, juices, sodas, and bottled water.

There are other drink options with the drink package besides alcohol.

There is fresh squeezed OJ, premium coffee, juices, sodas, and bottled water.

Yes, there are other drinks included, but that is not what we were discussing. Moltar used to buy the replenish, now refreshment package, he and I are both aware of what drinks are included. An alcohol package makes no sense for someone who only drinks one or two cocktails a day, no matter how many coffees, water, etc they drink. An alcohol package does make sense for Moltar as he drinks 5 cocktails a day. If he drank less alcoholic drinks, it makes sense to pay as you go on the alcoholic drinks and only get a refreshment package.

5 drinks from 9pm till about 2 or 3am is not heavy drinking by any means. 1 cocktail or less an hour. I'm a night owl and every cruise I make 2 or 3 friends on the ship and we meetup after family affairs are taken care of. One of the reasons I really love cruising, people are much more social and friendly. I never go to bars at home but on a cruise, I;'m at the bar(s) every night just to talk with fellow cruisers.

Edited by Moltar

5 drinks from 9pm till about 2 or 3am is not heavy drinking by any means. 1 cocktail or less an hour. I'm a night owl and every cruise I make 2 or 3 friends on the ship and we meetup after family affairs are taken care of. One of the reasons I really love cruising, people are much more social and friendly. I never go to bars at home but on a cruise, I;'m at the bar(s) every night just to talk with fellow cruisers.

Never said you were a heavy drinker, Moltar, just not what I would call a light drinker.;) Buy what works best for your situation, which in your case would be the alcohol package and in my case is the refreshment package.:)

We are on vacation, enjoying ourselves, and in no way heavy drinkers. That is not the subject of this thread.

To the OP, as others have said, yes, you may get drinks at the bar as long as you have a card for each drink. After awhile, they get to know you.

I am not a huge drinker, rarely drink on land. I am not sure how it will be on the cruise, but when you look at the difference, the refreshment is like $18, while the deluxe is $38, so if you were going to purchase the refreshment, then it is only $20 more per day (plus service charge) for the deluxe, equating to around 2 drinks at most to break even. Even on port heavy cruises, it may make more sense.

I am not a huge drinker, rarely drink on land. I am not sure how it will be on the cruise, but when you look at the difference, the refreshment is like $18, while the deluxe is $38, so if you were going to purchase the refreshment, then it is only $20 more per day (plus service charge) for the deluxe, equating to around 2 drinks at most to break even. Even on port heavy cruises, it may make more sense.

You are correct, the umbrella drinks cost $12.00

I am what I would consider a "light" drinker. I'll have a cocktail when out to dinner, but that's only about every other week. Not a big beer fan.

I got a drink package for our cruise in July. I think I broke even, but not by much. I had 4-5 drinks a day plus 4-5 waters. However, a lot of times I got an alcoholic drink BECAUSE I had the package. I think I would have saved money just paying a la carte.

IMO, you should have an idea of how much you drink. Now I know there are some folks that like the convenience of the drink package and they don't care if they save money or not. I still don't understand that mentality though.

Just to answer the original question, "yes" you can take two cards to the bar and get two drinks.

In fact, after several days going to the same pool bar I forgot to take DW's card with me. No problem, somehow he rang it up and gave me the two drinks.