Netflix?!

Is there an HDMI port on the TVs?? Why would I be kidding?

I didnt make the are you kidding comment but I wish to guess as to why you were asked...

I would say it's because Roku just like GoogleTV has to be connected to the wifi. At home that's sometime a challenge. On a ship where you can't WEP the router or log onto the website to enter password it might be even harder.

But who knows it might work, the tvs do have hdmi ports. Give it a whirl.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

I didnt make the are you kidding comment but I wish to guess as to why you were asked...

I would say it's because Roku just like GoogleTV has to be connected to the wifi. At home that's sometime a challenge. On a ship where you can't WEP the router or log onto the website to enter password it might be even harder.

But who knows it might work, the tvs do have hdmi ports. Give it a whirl.

Maybe doable with a travel router.

(I usually bring my tv shows on a laptop and, if possible, output to HDMI from there. Wish all lines would make an HDMI port available.)

(For the people who are clutching their pearls at the thought of watching tv or movies onboard, some nights on a cruise i really enjoy staying "in", ordering room service, and catching up on shows. My real life is extremely stressful and even at home I can't do something simple like watch a television show without constant emergency texts from work and family. My vacation, my choice to chill out on a boat with video entertainment rather than liquid entertainment.)

(I usually bring my tv shows on a laptop and, if possible, output to HDMI from there. Wish all lines would make an HDMI port available.)

(For the people who are clutching their pearls at the thought of watching tv or movies onboard, some nights on a cruise i really enjoy staying "in", ordering room service, and catching up on shows. My real life is extremely stressful and even at home I can't do something simple like watch a television show without constant emergency texts from work and family. My vacation, my choice to chill out on a boat with video entertainment rather than liquid entertainment.)

Good point, there is another thread here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2411468 about HDMI ports being disabled and how re-enable.

Might shed some light as well

Amen to that! :-)

Like someone mentioned above, a better option may be streaming Netflix on a laptop and HDMI connecting that to the TV, because I think it's difficult to get devices like Roku's on the wifi.

What better place to "Netflix and chill" then on vacation? :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too am guilty of watching some of my shows while at sea..lol..especially a TA which we will be doing in 12 days on the Harmony (not like I'm counting:rolleyes:. I too have a stressful busy schedule and hardly get any quiet down time. I take my kindle get the internet package and watch Netflix. I had it on the Oasis last year and the streaming was great. Hoping the Harmony will be the same.

That had me smiling! :D I completely agree with a cruise is what you make it.

(Needless to say I've gotten 'tsk-tsk'd' a LOT while participating in technology-related threads here on CC. =D If I read the phrase "I cruise to unplug, I don't understand people who have to be glued to a screen" one more time I'm gonna hurl.)

Paul, was your post serious or tongue in cheek? If not, you obviously didn't read all of the posts. Some cruisers unplug and others like to watch a movie and chill occasionally. At almost 60, after a crazy day and evening, I might like to chill with a movie - to recharge. Because there is certainly nothing on the TV to watch.

Sent from my KFTHWA using Tapatalk HD

I don´t understand why People Need to be connected all the time and start watching stuff on TV or online on a cruise. It´s time to get unplugged and get away from it all. Why would you spend thousands on a cruise just to watch TV?

Are you really that concerned? I myself like to watch a movie or so on cruise . That is one of the ways I relax and get away .

I have not tried to watch Netflix on a cruise, but I have tried and not been able to watch Netflix in other countries while on vacation. Even if the internet was good enough, would being out your subscribed country not be an issue, especially on a TA?

I don´t understand why People Need to be connected all the time and start watching stuff on TV or online on a cruise. It´s time to get unplugged and get away from it all. Why would you spend thousands on a cruise just to watch TV?

I'll tell you something, this last cruise on NCL Breakaway is the last one without internet. I'm sorry but I will have internet for all cruises going forward. You can say anything you want, I don't care, but that is my thoughts. I love getting news on my phone all day. I like being able to get my email and send them. We pulled into NYC port and I had 500 emails to go through. Nope, I decided I will have internet on cruises going forward.

Is there an HDMI port on the TVs?? Why would I be kidding?

My guess as to the "are you kidding" comment is that they can't believe anyone would watch TV on a cruise when they can do it at home. Just my guess.

To each their own... but I would never think of watching a movie on a cruise.... maybe one out on the pool deck on the big screen but that would be stretching it. I can watch movies at home! I'd never be able to set for 2 hours and watch a movie, I'd be too worried about what I was missing around the ship. I guess it is just the way I am wired, but I have a hard time even wanting to sleep on a ship... I'd much rather be out and about seeing the sights and sounds for myself. Anything on a screen can wait 7 days for me to get back.

Personally I don't care to get internet for more than maybe a day or two on a long voyage--I like being unreachable, but I don't understand why others criticize those who want to enjoy watching their shows, or reading emails or surfing facebook, etc from onboard.

Many of us take a good book to read---I never hear anyone criticize that, but you can do it at home as well.

Same goes for playing card games, or going to a swiming pool or a variety of other things people enjoy as part of their cruise experience.

Edited by NHDisneylover

Personally I don't care to get internet for more than maybe a day or two on a long voyage--I like being unreachable, but I don't understand why others criticize those who want to enjoy watching their shows, or reading emails or surfing facebook, etc from onboard.

Many of us take a good book to read---I never hear anyone criticize that, but you can do it at home as well.

Same goes for playing card games, or going to a swiming pool or a variety of other things people enjoy as part of their cruise experience.

That is a great middle ground to take. I like having the option of being able to follow what's going on without having to be officially engaged in what's going on. Especially with work. When people at work know I'm going on a cruise, they all assume I will be off the grid and I am perfectly fine with letting them think that... :)