Princess Drink Pricing

G'day. Looking for anyone who has been on a Princess cruise recently and can give me an idea of pricing for wine, cocktails and spirits. My wife enjoys white wine and the occasional cocktail. I enjoy reds and bourbon myself. Tossing up whether to pay for the beverage package now it has come down in price. Cheers

Sent from my SGP311 using Forums mobile app

We really need to know prices since the 1st of October, in case there have been any price changes since the change from AIBP to Premium Drinks Package. The new package T&Cs state that the maximum drinks price for the Australian region is now $16, up from $14, so it is likely that some prices have increased.

Prior to that change most cocktails were $13.95, some were less. Wine by the glass was $7-9, beer was $6-8. I'm not sure what spirits were, around $8 I think.

G'day. Looking for anyone who has been on a Princess cruise recently and can give me an idea of pricing for wine, cocktails and spirits. My wife enjoys white wine and the occasional cocktail. I enjoy reds and bourbon myself. Tossing up whether to pay for the beverage package now it has come down in price. Cheers

Sent from my SGP311 using Forums mobile app

Are you seeking prices for the Australian based ships, like Golden, Sun/Sea Princesses in AUD or the 'overseas Princess ships as their prices are in USD;).

• 3 weeks later...
Drink prices dec 2016 on golden to NZ Aus$

Form what I can remember

White ( a NZ sav blanc $36 per bottle ) $8 per glass Red about $40 per bottle for wolf blass Beer cascade light $7.. G&T $10

We had what we wanted and were well under the cost of the Drinks Package

Cheers Don

Cheers Don, that's the way we look at it too, light to moderate consumption and well under Drinks Package price.:hearteyes:

most spirits are $8.95, top shelf ones Hendricks, stoli elite are around $14, cheap beer starts at 6.95, corona $7.95, grolsh & guiness $8, most $38 bottles of wine are $8 in dan murphy's, take your own on and pay corckage. although I don't know what they will charge now if u want a sprit with a tin of mixer not that postmix crap.

most spirits are $8.95, top shelf ones Hendricks, stoli elite are around $14, cheap beer starts at 6.95, corona $7.95, grolsh & guiness $8, most $38 bottles of wine are $8 in dan murphy's, take your own on and pay corckage. although I don't know what they will charge now if u want a sprit with a tin of mixer not that postmix crap.

Yes, huge profits on alcohol sales around Australasia, that is why the ships keep coming and are full, the Aussies/Kiwis like a big drink.:halo:

Martin, it's unfair to compare the price of wine on Princess with the bottle store price. If you want to do a realistic comparison you should compare the price against a restaurant price for the same wine as that includes similar overheads.

Personally I'd rather pay the reasonable bottle prices (compared with some restaurant prices) onboard than have to hassle lugging a case of wine as carry-on and then having to cart a bottle around the ship in the evenings or make a special trip back to the cabin before dinner to get the wine. Besides Princess often has wines that aren't available in Australia so it's nice to try something different, especially European wines that are very expensive here.