P&O UK revises dress and alcohol policy from 2018

NSWP

If you go over to P&O UK section of CC, you can read all about the revised P&O UK's dress/alcohol policy. Particularly the alcohol policy. Suffice to say the Brits are not impressed. Livid even. :( Some lively posts.

No more cases of Gin to be brought on board for the G&T's.

Ooh I love a good stoush. At least they can still bring a litre of spirits in, that's generous. We are doing our first P&O UK in 2018, just a short cruise to try it.

You will enjoy Azura, Rosie, we have done half a dozen on P&O UK, they are good ships, despite my previous experiences re Adonia.

Indeed, still generous allowed 1L of spirits. But the Poms are still whingeing. :loudcry:

The correct answer is no,remember you 2 I have been wed to an Essex Lass since 1966;they never stop:loudcry::D

Strongwilled those Essex Girls, they have to be, to stave off their reputation. :o

Ooh I love a good stoush. At least they can still bring a litre of spirits in, that's generous. We are doing our first P&O UK in 2018, just a short cruise to try it.

Yes well, couple of 1L bottles of spirits for a booze cruise Southampton to Zeebrugge, would do us. Bottle of Chivas Regal Scotch for me and a Bottle of Baileys Irish Cream for 'she who shall be obeyed.':halo:

Yes well, couple of 1L bottles of spirits for a booze cruise Southampton to Zeebrugge, would do us. Bottle of Chivas Regal Scotch for me and a Bottle of Baileys Irish Cream for 'she who shall be obeyed.':halo:

I like both of those, the scotch for the afternoon and the Bailey's for after dinner.:D

I'm not particularly impressed either 47 nights of bar priced drinking!! We were very happy that we could take onboard wine for dinner (and pay corkage) and a bottle or two for nightcaps when we don't feel like being in public. :')

It is a bit of a pricey policy change for you then, that is a bummer.

Be careful what you say "walls have ears"lol.

Needed a Plumber to unblock my sewage over the weekend, as normal none available; then you pop up on Monday! So 2 plumbers on a Monday enough to empty any Bank account. Brian where do your mob go at weekends? Yes I was up that creek without a paddle1clear.png?emoji-loudcry-1721clear.png?emoji-embarrass-1727

I'm not particularly impressed either 47 nights of bar priced drinking!! We were very happy that we could take onboard wine for dinner (and pay corkage) and a bottle or two for nightcaps when we don't feel like being in public. :')

Indeed, P&O UK alcohol policy certainly helped us out in 2012 on Arcadia - 49 days - Sydney to Southampton. Took some adult bevvies on board on embarkation and at ports. Still bought a bit from bars and MDR bottles of wine though, P&O house wine - Olly Smith is ok, try it.:halo:

Needed a Plumber to unblock my sewage over the weekend, as normal none available; then you pop up on Monday! So 2 plumbers on a Monday enough to empty any Bank account. Brian where do your mob go at weekends? Yes I was up that creek without a paddle1clear.png?emoji-loudcry-1721clear.png?emoji-embarrass-1727
Don't do poo,too smelly.I was more of a gas heating man.