MBP&O2/O

Hi,

I am loathe to ask these questions but as Seabourn seem reticent to answer my email perhaps someone on here could advise?

I am led to believe that the 2020 Mediterranean itineraries are due to be released in September ... is this correct ... and, secondly ..... I understand that there is a charge for WiFi on board Seabourn vessels, but despite an intensive search I cannot find an ‘offical’ figure so could anyone give me an indication of fees for a package for a 14 day journey?

Thanks

Mike

Sent from the magic box!

Thanks for that .... that is a lot of pennies on top of everything else [emoji3] Hopefully it may change before 2020.

Is the package comprehensive? I ask because one company has “free unlimited internet” but when you read the small print it is only allowing one login per suite at any one time ..... so someone will have to wait and I suspect I will be volunteered from an available cast of one [emoji3]

Mike

Sent from the magic box!

Thanks for that .... that is a lot of pennies on top of everything else [emoji3] Hopefully it may change before 2020.

Is the package comprehensive? I ask because one company has “free unlimited internet” but when you read the small print it is only allowing one login per suite at any one time ..... so someone will have to wait and I suspect I will be volunteered from an available cast of one [emoji3]

Mike

Sent from the magic box!

Same on SB. Only one login at a time. Can certainly be the cause of disharmony especially if one of you is trying to work in the suite whilst the other is sipping cocktails on the sun deck and "forgets" that one is trying to work.

Same on SB. Only one login at a time. Can certainly be the cause of disharmony especially if one of you is trying to work in the suite whilst the other is sipping cocktails on the sun deck and "forgets" that one is trying to work.

It is one login per package, not per suite. You can get separate packages for each person and you each have your own login. We each had one 300-minute package last week and they were completely independent from each other. I had mine installed on my phone and on my tablet. I could only login to my package on one device at the time. (Yes, I tried it to see if I could.)

If both people share one package, then it is only one log in per suite and per device.

It is one login per package, not per suite. You can get separate packages for each person and you each have your own login. We each had one 300-minute package last week and they were completely independent from each other. I had mine installed on my phone and on my tablet. I could only login to my package on one device at the time. (Yes, I tried it to see if I could.)

If both people share one package, then it is only one log in per suite and per device.

Yes, I understand that, I thought OP was asking for that exact scenario ie purchasng one package at $399, I didn't know he was planning to buy two.

The OP is NOT planning to buy two [emoji3]

In fact with such restricted access the OP would be reluctant to purchase one ... but he is from Yorkshire, with short arms and deep pockets [emoji57]

Sent from the magic box!

Being only a few points short of platinum we do not get unlimited free internet. :( We only get one "benefit" if we want to use it. We have to keep trying to reach that diamond level!

However, we were happy to get the two free promotion packages and didn't have to burn one of our benefits to get internet. I was only addressing the "login" logistics in my post.

If it helps, we were on Odyssey last week and bought the Silver (2hour) package which cost $19.99. The 3 hour Gold package is $29.99 and I think there is also a Diamond package. You can also top up by the minute if you need to - 40 cents p.m. it’s not a terribly fast service and we ended up buying 2x Silver packages.

If you are in port most days it's pretty cheap, $5-10 per day, to rent one of the cellular wifi routers from one of the many companies who now offer them. On our last cruise it worked in all countries apart from Monaco, which we knew at the start. You get usually 4G speed and we could use 1GB a day before the speed throttled, although still plenty enough to use google maps and look stuff up. You can hook multiple devices up at the same time and carry it around town so you have roving wifi with no data charges.

Obviously it doesn't work out of range of land, although we got a signal most days some time before we got to port, and on sea days, not at all. But the speed, convenience and ability to take it around town with you, let alone the pretty low cost, made it perfect for the last trip (and the one before).

I believe if you are a Eurozone resident you get to use your carrier's data allowance cross border without tariffs, so that may also work if your plan has enough data.