New web site design?

jdk-atlga

Another option is to have your TA take care of preference for you. Ours always does this for us--pillow type, liquor in room, etc. etc.

Have you found that this works out well?

I'm asking because nearly every time the alcohol preference in the fridge on boarding hasn't been the one I requested online. It's not a problem - the stewardess always sorts it out and usually just after muster drill - but I'm curious to know if doing this via the TA actually works better than doing it online.

Isklaar,

As you are aware, you can request two bottles of liquor for your suite. Our TA has done that for us. One one of our SB voyages, only one of them was there--and we asked for the second and it appeared immediately. On our last voyage (Ovation June 2018), both requested bottles were there from the beginning.

Good to know I can do it onboard. Right now I don't know what the choices are. Would like to see the list of liquors just in case we want to pick something different than the usual favorite. Would like to see what pillows are offered. But again thanks for suggesting the good fallback plan.

Dear Happy Cruiser, try this:

1. Log In

2. Click “My Reservations” box located in the panel to the left

3. Click “Preferences” box located toward the bottom right

4. Choose “Club Benefits” if you have any

5. Choose “Suite Preferences” for pillows, bed & booze

Good luck, and I hope this helps

Choices for pillows---down or foam

Choices for liquior--Our TA has always advised us to ask for anything we want. She says SB will try to get it. Of course you need to give them advance notice, if you request is not a common brand.

Have you found that this works out well?

I'm asking because nearly every time the alcohol preference in the fridge on boarding hasn't been the one I requested online.

I've been told by suite stewardesses have to sign out the two bottles at a central point on turnaround day. This is a loss prevention measure to ensure that alcohol is not "disappearing". They also get the exact number of champagne bottles for their suites and any gifted alcohol items.

They bring the most commonly requested bottles to that central point but they have to do a trade-out for anything that isn't there. In the interest of trying to turn the rooms as quickly as possible, they will often sign out any available bottle and then try to trade those later. Apparently it circumvents the need to find a superior later to try to get the correct bottle if they are just trading full for full.

Likewise, I understand the same system works for replacing bottles mid-cruise. Leaving the empty (either on the bar or in the trash) will give them an empty bottle to trade for a new one.

I've been told by suite stewardesses have to sign out the two bottles at a central point on turnaround day. This is a loss prevention measure to ensure that alcohol is not "disappearing". They also get the exact number of champagne bottles for their suites and any gifted alcohol items.

They bring the most commonly requested bottles to that central point but they have to do a trade-out for anything that isn't there. In the interest of trying to turn the rooms as quickly as possible, they will often sign out any available bottle and then try to trade those later. Apparently it circumvents the need to find a superior later to try to get the correct bottle if they are just trading full for full.

Likewise, I understand the same system works for replacing bottles mid-cruise. Leaving the empty (either on the bar or in the trash) will give them an empty bottle to trade for a new one.

This is interesting and makes complete sense. Thanks for explaining the system.

Thanks SLSD.

I'll be interested to see if happy cruzer is able to follow the instructions in the two posts above, as I can no longer access those areas of the site (presume it's only temporarily).

Correct amundo, those steps do not work for me either. Can not follow that path at all. And using the quick links at the bottom - Manage your cruise. I can get to preferences but there are no links or selections available. So no bueno for now....

Thanks for trying to help me.

... all of which leads me to ask: why don’t the web designers hang up their hats and let the stewardesses do everything? The job gets done and customers save time on this tiresome website. (Note: give all the stewardesses raises since they deserve them.)

Happy and healthy sailing!

Correct amundo, those steps do not work for me either. Can not follow that path at all. And using the quick links at the bottom - Manage your cruise. I can get to preferences but there are no links or selections available. So no bueno for now....

Thanks for trying to help me.

Read this post and decided to see if I could find my suite preferences for our upcoming cruise. Failure like the others so phoned Seabourn. The gentlemen tried to help but, could not direct me to the link as he was not allowed to have access to the new website. He did look on the old site and verified my preferences so that was good but, how can customer service not have access to what the customer sees??

And, appears to me that the new website is simply a new front end with all of the real information unchanged with different links to the important information. Appears they forgot a link to suite preferences but, it is still there however unavailable from the new front end.

Certainly hope the customer service person reported and a link is soon added to the new front end and that Seabourn monitors these boards and fixes this error by the IT Department.

I am oddly glad to read that others have problems with tye SB website, because it likely means the problem is not that I am getting demented ( either that or we all are). I am filled with dread every time I contemplate doing something on it for my booked cruises as I seem to spend a lot of time going in circles, logging in repeatedly, getting dumped off, and having my blood pressure rise when I see errors.

I have previously given the TA my beverage and pillow and other preferences, with great fanfare, but nothing got done until I saw the stewardess and gave her my list, all was in generic layout anyway on arrival, so why bother in advance?

SB and HAL runs through Seattle, second only to silicon valley as home of many computer nerds, so poor website design is likely just another cost-saving measure.

Pretty sad for a luxury cruise website.

... all of which leads me to ask: why don’t the web designers hang up their hats and let the stewardesses do everything? The job gets done and customers save time on this tiresome website. (Note: give all the stewardesses raises since they deserve them.)

Excellent suggestion!!!!

I briefly had the new website come up last weekend only to disappear and return to the old one. Last night the new one has appeared again and I tried doing various functions on it such as search for a cruise, book a cruise, check my account and complete my guest registration. None of these procedures was accomplished without lots of extra time and effort navigating back and forth. And some did not work at all. The worst was when I tried to select Book Cruise to check fares and availability every time I tapped Book Cruise it sent me back to reviewing various itineraries. If I was Seabourn I would find this one particular glitch very troublesome.

The little vertical Feedback flag popped up on the screen so I tapped it and sent Seabourn a detailed account of how non functional this new website design is. Perhaps if everyone one here who now sees this design does the same they might realize it is a big mistake.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Chairsin,

You appear to have done Seabourn a big favor in pointing out how dysfunctional their website is. But it should not have come to this! For goodness sake, one would expect them to replicate all existing functionality that customers use and then update, upgrade or change the site ONLY when Seabourn something more, better and faster to offer, right?

I cannot imagine on whose watch the release of a booking site with inherent and obvious flaws and drawbacks was permitted. The mind boggles.

Which leads me to a related point. While we use the same excellent TA we both like to browse the Seabourn site for specific purposes and use the site for registering data Seabourn wants input directly into their systems. As far as the former is concerned ie checking on cruises, I will think twice about wasting my time and patience on the current Seabourn site. Thank goodness for our TA. Why anyone would book direct with Seabourn is beyond me.

Hi Markham

You do have to wonder if Seabourn did any sort of consumer testing before designing and then introducing the new website. I like to think that even though there is some comfort in the familiar I am not one who is opposed to something new if in fact it is better and there is a logical rational for it. But in this case the only faint praise I can give it is as another mentioned the improved map. Everything else is in my opinion awkward and clumsy at best and obstructive and frustratingly incomplete at worst. Like you I have traditionally done my basic cruise planning homework on the we site before having my TA (another “luxury cruise” focused UK TA but different from the one you use) check into pricing and availability. Unfortunately with this new system I may be relying on them a lot more.

And yes, we should not have to tell Seabourn that the new site just doesn’t cut it but as they have apparently launched it without input from the past passengers I thought it wouldn’t hurt to tell them how ineffective the new site is. Not that I expect it will do any good!

(BTW, our mutual friend Ms PinotG very much enjoyed cruising with you on the recent recent Rte of the Vikings 1 - and she and I were sorry you were not on the next leg with us. Hope to see you on a future cruise.)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just now is the first time I have seen the website and I must agree, it is not good. Not that the old site was perfect, but it was much easier to use and follow than this.

Google have put lots of restrictions on how website operate (for smart phones and other mobile devices), perhaps this is the reason (I hope so, because if SB have done it because they think it’s better, they are sadly mistaken).

What are they playing at?

The ‘home page’ seems to change on a daily basis?

All I want to do is check one thing ... what was on one page now revolves around three?

The ‘feedback’ button was burning by the time I gave up looking.

If it ain’t broken then beggar about with it until it is .... seems to be the new motto.

Sent from the magic box!

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone figured out how to get into an upcoming reservation if you have more than one?

I log in and navigate:

My Account > My Reservations

I get the screen that shows the overall details for both of my upcoming sailings.

When I try to select any of the radio buttons on each itinerary (whereby I can make purchases, complete guest registration, select my preferences, and/or view itinerary), I am taken the screen with the dropdown menu requiring me to select which cruise I would like to view. I cannot navigate past that dropdown as the options, while populated, do not work. I also cannot select the option "Skip to Main Content". The only way to get off the page is to click the Seabourn logo.

Specifically this page: https://book2.seabourn.com/secondaryFlow/login/multiBooking#main

I *know* I can call my TA or Seabourn, but I really want to navigate the day-by-day planner for our sailing. (Specifically I want to see the fine-tune details of a couple of shore excursions including start time that are not shown in the mailed planner.)

I feel as if I've tried everything and cannot navigate around this error. I'm now almost as frustrated with Seabourn as I am with the debacle of trying to correctly merge my Starwood and Marriott accounts. ;p;p;p

The plot thickens.

I'm getting served a different version of the website based on whether I'm on IE/Edge or Chrome. This despite clearing my IE/Edge cache.

My husband just walked in to find me looking at the IE/Edge javascript and suggested I perhaps step away from the computer (or stay in my lane... I'm not a coder). '

I can now see what the issues are with the new site though (via Chrome). None of the preferences I set (and can see) on IE/Edge are present on the Chrome version. I can, however, get past the page I was stuck on above.

What a hot mess.