First Cruise Experience (get ready to laugh)

G_BA

Well let me tell you I thoroughly loved my first cruise which was taken in Feb 2018. We sailed on Vision of the Seas, and sailed out to see Costa Maya and Cozumel. I was so fresh to everything I knew my life experience with this would be an adventure....

Also, I praise the heck out of the guys that make your rooms all pretty for sure, and ours got the best tip ever.

So first things first we got on the ship around noon. I was so excited, and ready for life to begin. I even told my best friend(now my husband) that I wanted to make sure I was "pretty". Well let me tell you I should have never made the remark that I didn't care if the oilfield guys seen me topless, but I wasn't about to get hair all over my shirt. My husband was in the restroom when he hears me scream OMG as the window washer drops down to do his job. I couldn't move fast enough, and that butt-head in the restroom door wouldn't move as he was doubled over laughing.

So after this I decided libations would be the way to kill my embarrassment. I set off to find a great mixed drink. I drank my poor little heart out. Later in the evening I set of for some "TEQUILA" shots. Last count was like ohhhh 14 shots. I was still upright and able to walk straight so we set off for our room. I never realized that rooms on cruises don't spin, but they sure move up and down and side to side. My husband closes his eyes and is out and I well lets just say "rum runners" & "tequila" can make things really nice for him to wake up in the morning. I laid down and all heck broke loose. I ran off for the restroom, and well its the first time in my life I have ever projectile puked. I made the bathroom look like a murder scene with all that red from the Rum Runners. The best part is you can't exactly clean up that kind of mess....

The next morning as he wakes I apologized for the "Murder Scene" but laughingly forgot to tell him what it was all about. He went to start mourning rituals hahahaha he quickly died laughing. He set off to find our room keeper. I spent the rest of this cruise known as "RALPH & CHUCK".... I have not lived it down yet. But my 2nd cruise is coming up in 6 weeks... can I do it again?

I gave her an HGN test late in the evening. She was around .30 BAC. Certainly drunk, but not in any danger. That's what husband's do.

I’m no doctor but .30 is up there. Certainly seems on the dangerous side of things. Glad she was just a bit sick.

What is it with shots? Slow and steady wins the race folks.

I gave her an HGN test late in the evening. She was around .30 BAC. Certainly drunk, but not in any danger. That's what husband's do.

Ah, how sweet. DH can't help me there. Could have predicted the "murder scene" in the morning though!

I definitely try not to be a ‘party pooper’ but 0.25 - 0.39 is alcohol poisoning with 0.40+ being fatal. Very glad to hear that everyone was safe in the end. Happy sailings in the future [emoji924]

Hmm, this is a second thread in the last few days about someone going overboard, so to speak, in their drinking experience aboard a ship.

And then there was a third thread where a person said they were doing "socialogical experemint" for their amusement. That person said they had up to 35 accounts registered where they would knowingly push buttons. i.e. smoking in cabins/balconies etc.

I have bitten my tongue, but in this case I can't. The facts don't quite add up.

M_BA says they gave G_BA a HGN test.

An HGN test doesn't indicate the BAC level, it just indicates that the person has a potential to be drunk and may or may not be admisible in a court of law.

Both M_BA and G_BA have similiar names and low post counts.

In the other thread the person said they were drunk and was detained by security and taken to Customer Service where the person was spoken to by customer service. Not sure whether security was present based on that person's account on that thread. Next day the person stated she was busy giving hugs and offering apologies to all of the ships personal involved his/her experience.

That person then asked for their unlimited drink package to be re-instanted.

I find these two threads showing up around the same time a bit incredous.

Hmm, this is a second thread in the last few days about someone going overboard, so to speak, in their drinking experience aboard a ship.

And then there was a third thread where a person said they were doing "socialogical experemint" for their amusement. That person said they had up to 35 accounts registered where they would knowingly push buttons. i.e. smoking in cabins/balconies etc.

I have bitten my tongue, but in this case I can't. The facts don't quite add up.

M_BA says they gave G_BA a HGN test.

An HGN test doesn't indicate the BAC level, it just indicates that the person has a potential to be drunk and may or may not be admisible in a court of law.

Both M_BA and G_BA have similiar names and low post counts.

In the other thread the person said they were drunk and was detained by security and taken to Customer Service where the person was spoken to by customer service. Not sure whether security was present based on that person's account on that thread. Next day the person stated she was busy giving hugs and offering apologies to all of the ships personal involved his/her experience.

That person then asked for their unlimited drink package to be re-instanted.

I find these two threads showing up around the same time a bit incredous.

I don’t know any women that can walk after 14 tequila shots let alone run runners on top. Run runners alone will knock someone out. And they don’t wash the cabin windows on day one. Total made up story like the other one.

What? The HGN test *may* show signs of intoxication but cannot be used to determine bac.

It’s an eye flutter test. You can’t tell if someone a . 3 with that.

Signed former prosecutor who has been trained on SFST (standard field sobriety tests)

What? The HGN test *may* show signs of intoxication but cannot be used to determine bac.

Signed former prosecutor who has been trained on SFST (standard field sobriety tests)

Exactly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is the second post in as many days I have read about people getting out of control with booze. What is going on with people? I enjoy drinks as much as the next person but not since I was 21-22 have I let myself get completely out of control.

Agreed, I was looking for signs of lucidity and then cut her off. I based my estimation from number of drinks, duration of consumption, and her body weight. My estimate came out to BAC of 0.312 g/ml.

Yes, we are related. This was my nanny that I married three months ago after the death of my wife 1/1-2 years ago. Her post was what NOT to do on a cruise.

She's new to CC, I've been posting for a couple years and don't troll. Feel free to look up my previous posts to see my contributions to CC.

Several years ago, I threw up and I cleaned the bathroom as best I could that night and then again the next morning. Anyone who leaves a bathroom looking like a "murder scene" and laughs about looking up the cabin stewards to clean up a mess like that isn't someone I want to cruise with.