Allure of the Seas BOGO Specialty Restaurant

Hi there! My friends and I will be cruising on the Allure in February 2019. In looking at the dining packages, I see they have a BOGO offer for the specialty restaurants. It appears this BOGO offer is for dinner on the first and second nights of the cruise. I contacted our Royal Caribbean Vacation Planner and was told that someone will meet with us once we board and we'll then make our reservations for the specialty restaurants. My questions are:

1. Will we be able to select the restaurants of our choice?

2. Will we be assigned specialty restaurants based on what restaurants are available for our selected dining time for the first and second nights?

3. If we reserve and pay, will we receive a refund if we aren't pleased with the selection of restaurants for the first and second nights once we're onboard?

Thanks much.

Edited by Cruisin Broad
Incomplete

We did the BOGO last month on Allure. The first day we went up to the specialty dining kiosk they had setup just outside Guest Services so I could ask what restaurants they assigned us and the times. We were told that each ship does it a bit different but on Allure they only book Giovanni’s and Samba. I didn’t want Samba so I asked if they would change to either Izumi Hibachi or Chops. They wouldn’t allow Izumi (I figured as much. It thought I’d try anyway), but after they went to check with a manager they agreed to Chops.

It was definite a good deal in my opinion so I wouldn’t hesitate to book BOGO again. However, I was a bit annoyed because we also received a letter in our stateroom in day 1 saying that since we were MTD they were offering 1/2 off day 1 and 2 at the specialty restaurants. There weren’t any exclusions that they noted so I guess we could have done Hibachi with that if I hadn’t already bought the BOGO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just did the BOGO and got Giovannis and Samba for the time I had requested. I called and told them I wanted Park 150 and Chops and was able to get Chops for the time I wanted but had to settle for an 830 dining time for Park150. After all was said and done, it was worth it (even if I don't really like to have such a late dinner). The restaurants ended up costing $20 each so that's actually a better deal than 50% off.

We just did the BOGO and got Giovannis and Samba for the time I had requested. I called and told them I wanted Park 150 and Chops and was able to get Chops for the time I wanted but had to settle for an 830 dining time for Park150. After all was said and done, it was worth it (even if I don't really like to have such a late dinner). The restaurants ended up costing $20 each so that's actually a better deal than 50% off.

Did you have to go on the 1st and 2nd nights, or did they allow you to change nights?