Diamond Lounge Attire

Hello! There are frequent threads about the dress code in the MDR, which has me curious about the Diamond Lounge attire. I will be sailing as a new Diamond next week, and am curious if there is a suggested dress code. I envision the Diamond Lounge to be exclusive, and somewhat upscale. What do most people wear? Looking forward to my first Diamond cruise!

Shorts and t shirts during the day. Whatever we are wearing for dinner that night is what we wear during cocktail hour. I will say I can not ever remember shorts or t shirts during the nightly event. In addition to unlimited cocktails in the Diamond Lounge you get three free drinks added to your sea pass card each night that are good at almost every bar on the ship as well as the Showroom and in many cases also MDR and specialty restaurants. Hot appetizers are only in the lounge. We always get a double pour of wine in the lounge to take to dinner at 8:30.

On the Oasis my husband wore shorts every night except formal night....and he certainly wasn’t the only one.

The Diamond Lounge is also nice in the mornings for a light breakfast and coffee or capachino. And a nice quiet place to sit and read during the day.

Enjoy your Diamond status..we do!!

Hello! There are frequent threads about the dress code in the MDR, which has me curious about the Diamond Lounge attire. I will be sailing as a new Diamond next week, and am curious if there is a suggested dress code. I envision the Diamond Lounge to be exclusive, and somewhat upscale. What do most people wear? Looking forward to my first Diamond cruise!

I have my dinner clothing on, so I never think about it.

We are late dinner seating passengers. DH often has shorts in the evening [not on formal night]. The is particularly true on a day we have had a later port time.

We go for a couple of drinks and then we go back to the cabin where he showers and gets ready for dinner. He has not had a problem with this on any ships we have been on.

I usually am dressed for dinner already since it takes me longer to get ready. ;p

Depends on the concierge. It is typically no shorts at night but it isn’t always enforced. As long as you wear pants, a tee shirt, and shoes (not flip flops), they will let you in. Some dress nice, others not so much. Daytime there pretty much is no dress code.

We are late dinner seating passengers. DH often has shorts in the evening [not on formal night]. The is particularly true on a day we have had a later port time.

We go for a couple of drinks and then we go back to the cabin where he showers and gets ready for dinner. He has not had a problem with this on any ships we have been on.

I usually am dressed for dinner already since it takes me longer to get ready. ;p

We prefer 2nd seating dinner and do the same. Couple of drinks around 5pm usually still wearing shorts then off to change for dinner. Never seemed to bother anyone.

The same procedure was on Anthem and Adventure. Nice shorts and shirt were allowed for all nights except formal nights. You will be reminded the night before.

I have never been reminded. O quess what I never wore shorts in the evening to the lounge.

I know formal night is historie, but are we really that far down the path....:'):')

I do wear surf clothes, board shorts and rash guard in the morning, but them 90% of the time I am by myself in the lounge.

JC

We eat dinner late and so do not dress for dinner until later in the evening. And BYW, my family is one of the few that still dresses in evening clothes when dining. On holiday cruises the men even bring their tuxes,

Two years ago, on the Brilliance, my 30 year old daughter, (many years a Diamond member in her own right), was asked to leave because she was wearing shorts when we ducked into the lounge for a quick drink at 5pm.

No one else was there at the time. Seemed rather harsh at the time and so we avoided the lounge for the rest of the cruise. Luckily we all had our own drink packages!