Do Oceanview Panoramic Suites also get suite benefits?

We are booked for the first time on Royal Caribbean and are sailing in an Oceanview Panoramic Suite (VP). In looking at the details for the suites, all the others list Suite Benefits:

Exclusive For Suites

• Priority check-in and departure lounge
  • Concierge Club service on select ships
  • VIP seating at the pool deck and theater
  • Priority tender tickets
  • Complimentary luggage valet service
  • Luxury spa bathrobes
  • Complimentary pressing service on formal night

But these are not listed for the Panoramic details. Is it truly considered a suite or just a glorified oceanview. And if so, are the gratuities $13.50 pp/pd or $16.50 pp/pd?

Thanks in advance!

We were in PV on Grandeur last month. It is just a slightly larger OV with no perks except for what C&A perks you get.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Forums mobile app

This stateroom is 406 sq. ft, with 1-1/2 bathrooms and sleeps 6. It is located at the very front of the ship above the bridge on Deck 12. There are other OVs on Deck 12 but they are a lot smaller.

It looks like they have re-classified these staterooms as suites starting 14-May-2018.

Princess has 'window suites" so I guess Royal is now getting into the act. Then these must have full Gold Card privileges, correct?

Princess has 'window suites" so I guess Royal is now getting into the act. Then these must have full Gold Card privileges, correct?

That would be my expectation as the description does not contain the word "junior".

I'm sure I recall from the TA webinar about recategorisation that these were treated like Junior Suites but I can't seem to remember where the information is - maybe the FAQ's. Probably best to call RCI.

EDIT: Just looked at the recategorisation reference guide and this cabin type is listed below JS, so this would seem to tie in with recalling it had JS 'benefits'.

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

I'm sure I recall from the TA webinar about recategorisation that these were treated like Junior Suites but I can't seem to remember where the information is - maybe the FAQ's. Probably best to call RCI.

Be sure to call several times and take an average of the responses.:rolleyes:

This stateroom is 406 sq. ft, with 1-1/2 bathrooms and sleeps 6. It is located at the very front of the ship above the bridge on Deck 12. There are other OVs on Deck 12 but they are a lot smaller.

We were in that type of cabin on the Freedom this past March. We absolutely loved the cabin. They already charged a premium for that type of oceanview cabin. If they re-label it a suite, I guess we will not be booking that type of cabin again. Back to booking other cabins that will accommodate our family of 6 or booking a few rooms side by side.

I looked at a similar type of cabin on the NCL Dawn and they call this type of cabin a suite and give the suite privileges. We picked a couple of interior cabins for less than half the price for the 6 of us. We will spend the extra money we saved on excursions and a few other perks we can enjoy.

Which cabin did you book. 1804 or 1854? I know the others are considered Ocean View.

We are booked in 1804 (the square footage and extra 1/2 bath sold me!). Everything (reviews etc) I have seen to date indicated that it was an oceanview. But Royal's site and the travel agent site both list it in the suite category.

I guess I will wait (I have 14 months!) and see how it is classified prior to our cruise.

We were in that type of cabin on the Freedom this past March. We absolutely loved the cabin. They already charged a premium for that type of oceanview cabin. If they re-label it a suite, I guess we will not be booking that type of cabin again. Back to booking other cabins that will accommodate our family of 6 or booking a few rooms side by side.

I looked at a similar type of cabin on the NCL Dawn and they call this type of cabin a suite and give the suite privileges. We picked a couple of interior cabins for less than half the price for the 6 of us. We will spend the extra money we saved on excursions and a few other perks we can enjoy.

We have always booked 2 OVs or balcony cabins since our daughters are teenagers. The price on this "suite" was a lot cheaper than booking 2 OV. The fact that it had 1-1/2 bathrooms was a huge plus with 2 girls. Also liked that they would not be sleeping on a pullout. We toyed with the idea of inside cabins but for Alaska, we wanted the view. We will miss the balcony, but at least we will have a gorgeous view!

Edited by 4ready2cruz
spelling

That cabin is now listed as VP under the new categorization and is listed as a suite which should now afford suite perks, but is listed below Junior Suite which may mean it doesn't include the same perks as GS and above.

Edited by HicksRA

That cabin is now listed as VP under the new categorization and is listed as a suite which should now afford suite perks, but is listed below Junior Suite which may mean it doesn't include the same perks as GS and above.

So, extra cruise point per night?!

This is for the FAMILY Panoramic suites only.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So, extra cruise point per night?!

This is for the FAMILY Panoramic suites only.

Any stateroom with the word "suite" in the description will get an extra cruise point per night.

We are booked in 1804 (the square footage and extra 1/2 bath sold me!). Everything (reviews etc) I have seen to date indicated that it was an oceanview. But Royal's site and the travel agent site both list it in the suite category.

I guess I will wait (I have 14 months!) and see how it is classified prior to our cruise.

Does this mean that, like with JR and full suites, you get double points?