Paid upgrade email

benebire

For those who were wondering what the email looks like. We paid $2,200 for an ocean-view balcony and trying to figure out how good of a deal this is. Can’t really use current pricing of $4,300 since we booked a very long time ago and I assume junior suite was much less than. We have never done a suite so would be tempting. This is Harmony 8 night sailing 11/10/18. So as to not mislead this is just to go on a waitlist for a POSSIBLE upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk4e2d5ffa58c64861ff79c43edfa7a3df.png

Edited by benebire

$450 sounds good! What type of OV Balcony suite are you in. On one of my upcoming cruises I have Spacious OV Balcony 1688 on Adventure. That is a corner Aft balcony so I'd probably give that offer a pass but if I was going from a standard OV Balcony I'd definitely jump on it.

Notice that this only places you on the waitlist.

$450? I do it. Then again, it's only going to cost you more in the future. Once you go suite???? as the ole saying goes... Maybe that's not how the ole saying goes but you get the meaning.

I am aware this is just a waitlist for a POSSIBLE upgrade. Do they give you the double points if it’s not a full on priced upgrade? We are 28 pts from Diamond plus right now so that would be 16 pts IF they did.

Treeskier- we have a regular sized balcony nothing special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am aware this is just a waitlist for a POSSIBLE upgrade. Do they give you the double points if it’s not a full on priced upgrade? We are 28 pts from Diamond plus right now so that would be 16 pts IF they did.

Treeskier- we have a regular sized balcony nothing special.

Then do it, for sure. Keep your fingers crossed that it comes though!

Does anyone know the frequency with which waitlisted people actually get upgraded?

For those who were wondering what the email looks like. We paid $2,200 for an ocean-view balcony and trying to figure out how good of a deal this is. Can’t really use current pricing of $4,300 since we booked a very long time ago and I assume junior suite was much less than. We have never done a suite so would be tempting. This is Harmony 8 night sailing 11/10/18. So as to not mislead this is just to go on a waitlist for a POSSIBLE upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using

Better make sure the price is not per day for two. Most up grades are by the day not entire trip.

Better make sure the price is not per day for two. Most up grades are by the day not entire trip.

No, RC never quotes a price in that fashion. Never has. Where did you get that idea?

I got a similar email suggesting a possible offer for $950 for balcony to jr suite, on a 12 day on the Grandeur.

Your $450 upgrade on an 8 day seems a much better deal. No double points could be a deal breaker, ask them about the double points if they call with the offer.

I got a similar email suggesting a possible offer for $950 for balcony to jr suite, on a 12 day on the Grandeur.

Your $450 upgrade on an 8 day seems a much better deal. No double points could be a deal breaker, ask them about the double points if they call with the offer.

I am on the same cruise as you and got the same exact email yesterday....which is weird, because our cruise is pretty much sold out.

Champagne123- Not sold out i just priced a junior suite shows 4 available.

Although mostly guarantees left Inside guarantee is now about what we paid for a balcony. Not likely to get an upgrade anyway but nice to get the email and be on the list.

1c2e4720ee7cb0d99134ed227d637161.png

aac425a3b7fd0a93b7efd48e88fe66d1.png

Edited by benebire

Nabalab- I always book direct w Royal. It seems like some people get some really nice perks from their TA’s but I am a bit of a conrol freak, if a price drop came up and I couldn’t reach TA, I would blow a gasket.[emoji23]

Edited by benebire