From Oasis to Anthem

Katfam17

My husband, 10 year old son, and I did our first cruise this summer on Oasis in a Grand Suite. It was amazing. I have been looking at cruises for next year and feel drawn to the Anthem. I know it’s smaller but it seems like it has lots of fun things for a family. I have appreciated advice from this Board. What do people think of Anthem for a family like us? What will it seem like after Oasis? As a family, we love to be busy and try new things! I also love good food!

It is a smaller ship. But the SeaPlex has a lot of great kid activities. Even us [very] old kids like the bumper cars! Like the Oasis, if the kids are into the florider, they can spend a lot of time there.Book the iFly as soon as you can. Great fun!

We actually like the Solarium on the Anthem better because it is enclosed.

Love the Anthem. Great family ship. Your kid will live in SeaPlex. It reminds me of going to the YMCA/Rec center when I was young. We did everything and anything in the gym. They turned it into 4 or 5 different activities to keep us busy and entertained. The Seaplex is the exact same. Rollerskating, dance parties, bumper cars, trapeze classes, etc. O and upstairs they have one of the gaming systems. Idk which one not a gamer. LOL

That's just the Seaplex. You have the escape room (sign up day 1), sky diving, etc.

I think you and your family will enjoy it. When you want to get away from crowds during the day go to 270. Awesome views of the wake, plus a deli and a bar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Not OP but wondering the same. We have been on Allure (amazing ship...similar to Oasis), Mariner (waterslides, Sky Pad, Laser Tag) and have Symphony booked (waterslides, Abyss, Laser Tag). We also have Anthem booked for the year following Symphony as never tried Quantum class, great price for school break time, and departure port is a bonus (NY vs Florida).

But I do wonder without the waterslides, laser tag, zipline, sky pad/abyss....will there be enough for them? There are pools of course, and the Sea Plex sounds like a blast for them, plus the iFly. So they should be ok (and we do have it booked)...but I do often go back questioning how it will compare.

PS - Escape room is mentioned above, but I think it's just for 14+?

We have been on the Oasis and Allure 4 times total and just went on the Anthem this summer and honestly, we preferred the Oasis and Allure over the Anthem. We didn't have kids with us on the Anthem but there just seems to be more for them on the other ships and we liked the openness (Central Park especially) more of the O/A.

We went on the Oasis last January and the Anthem this past January. Both are great ships with lots of things to do for families. We didn't feel like there wasn't enough to do on the Anthem just because it's smaller than the Oasis. It was 12 nights vs 7 on the Oasis but we weren't bored of it by the end.

Anthem has so much to do in the sports plex they will not even notice the missing water slides and laser tag.

Oasis is more open, central park and boardwalk area come to my mind.

Anthem is designed to be sailed in cool/cold weather so it has more inside spaces including a inside family pool. That's the best place to swim as a family since its no where as crowded as the outdoor pools always are. Anthem has so many activities to keep everyone in the family occupied.

We spent 2 cruises on Oasis and just got off the Anthem Sept. 15. It seems to be way more fun than the Oasis. We had 4, me, husband, son, 11 yr old granddaughter. She, especially, loved the Anthem and all the things to keep her busy. We liked the Anthem so much we changed out cruise in fall of 2019 from Liberty back to Anthem, so we will be on Anthem in April 2019 and again in Nov. 2019. We did not feel crowded, except maybe at the bumper cars. You will enjoy your time on the Anthem .

We were on Allure in Jan and Oasis a few years back. We prefer the Oasis class over the Anthem. We went in June and my 10yo loved the Seaplex. Played basketball EVERYDAY there and the games upstairs. We did the bumper cars also. They hurt and didn’t ride them again. It’s definitely a kid friendly place. My son is also not a big water slide kid, so he really didn’t miss it. Of course if it had the slides, he would do them a few times. Oasis is more open, space wise. There were plenty of times Anthem felt too crowded. We enjoyed Anthem and would sail it again, but definitely prefer Oasis/Allure more. Oh...and every time we tried to get a hotdog (which is in the seaplex) they were out! Never ran into that with the other 2 ships. We also had rain 2 days, heavy down pour and we were glad everything was inside though. My son specifically said while on the Anthem he likes Oasis and Allure more.

Keep your reservation, you guys will most likely enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums