Sea Cow vs Woodwind

CozGurl

I'm trying to decide between the two for our January trip. I've heard great things about both companies.

I really want to go with SC because I like the cover on the boat but I'm afraid it will be super crowded since you have to book through the cruise ship. Can anyone speak to how many people are on the tour? How much did the ship charge? Its too early to see this excursion on the NCL website and I want to make a decision soon even if I can't book yet.

I emailed with SeaCow and can only book through the cruise line. Or at least they are contracted that way with Norwegian.

I will find the price we paid and post it The main reasons we went with them Firs shade and the steps on the stern

They are contracted to Cruiselines and will NOT accept bookings from cruise passengers directly. Celebrity charge $75/pp for a 3 hour trip with Seacow.

Woodwind charge $65/pp for their 4 hour trip and $55/pp for their 3 hour trip, also they provide a fabulous lunch when sailing back to their berth.

Woodwind win hands down

We booked SeaCow through the ship and had a great time. The staff are excellent. We did the drift snorkel. I'll attach a photo of the boat we were on.

296f0b02da82c34ff1c62c77252d62c5.jpg

We did a 21 Caribbean cruise and booked most of our snorkel excursions through the ship as we had so much OBC. The staff on SeaCow were the best of all of them.

I ended up booking Woodwind before they filled up. They're highly rated as well. We'll just have to deal with no shade. Thanks for your thoughts. I'll be sure to come back and give our review.

I ended up booking Woodwind before they filled up. They're highly rated as well. We'll just have to deal with no shade. Thanks for your thoughts. I'll be sure to come back and give our review.

I don't think you could go wrong with either Woodwind or SeaCow. That would be great to hear back how your excursion goes. Have fun!

We'll just have to deal with no shade.

Consider getting yourself an SPF shirt (also called a rash guard) before you go. They are very popular here in FL with fishermen, former sun worshipers, swimmers, surfers, etc. The only sunscreen you then have to worry about is your face. Add a protective sunhat, and you are good to go.

Any sporting goods store, online or otherwise, carries them. LL Bean, Bass Pro Shops, Bealls, and even WalMart have many styles and colors. I saw some very cute printed ones just last week at Sams Club, but they were sold out of everything but very small sizes (summer is 3 months old already here in FL).

Dee has them to loan out on Woodwind, but frankly, the thought of putting on a tight shirt that some stranger has recently worn does not appeal to me.

I agree Eaton hahahaha! We have the SPF shirts but thought some shade would help with getting hot overall. We'll be fine...we're on vacation!

I think you won't have to worry about shade as much anymore since I've read on another post that Woodwind just bought a new boat to replace their old one and it has a canopy for shade as well as steps at the back. We are also going in January and this gives me some relief as well since it was my one main concern with Woodwind.

Consider getting yourself an SPF shirt (also called a rash guard) before you go. They are very popular here in FL with fishermen, former sun worshipers, swimmers, surfers, etc. The only sunscreen you then have to worry about is your face. Add a protective sunhat, and you are good to go.

Any sporting goods store, online or otherwise, carries them. LL Bean, Bass Pro Shops, Bealls, and even WalMart have many styles and colors. I saw some very cute printed ones just last week at Sams Club, but they were sold out of everything but very small sizes (summer is 3 months old already here in FL).

Dee has them to loan out on Woodwind, but frankly, the thought of putting on a tight shirt that some stranger has recently worn does not appeal to me.

Please do not forget to sunscreen your legs. I got severely burned on our Woodwind trip and another recently in Belize because I was careless with my legs. Really bad.

I think you won't have to worry about shade as much anymore since I've read on another post that Woodwind just bought a new boat to replace their old one and it has a canopy for shade as well as steps at the back. We are also going in January and this gives me some relief as well since it was my one main concern with Woodwind.

This is fantastic news. We loved Woodwind but was going to have to pass this trip (well next year) as my dh had a difficult time getting in and out of the boat in 2015 and he isn't getting any younger. LOL And the boat was a bit hard to maneuver on. I will have to check them out again. Thank you.