any ships have forward facing balconies?

angel41

I guess b/c I've had those twice. I've also had an aft. Anytime I go out to a public deck, it's always the ones facing towards the front. I love looking straight a head, in the direction we sail, and feeling the huge amounts of wind.

I guess b/c I've had those twice. I've also had an aft. Anytime I go out to a public deck, it's always the ones facing towards the front. I love looking straight a head, in the direction we sail, and feeling the huge amounts of wind.

Cool. Hope you can find one that you like then.

http://www.princess.com/ships/sa/deck/sa_baja_index.html

Hi, check out the link and view cabin 104, I think there are 3 decks with these. They are suites. We had some friends in one and yes, they do close the forward section of that balcony when the ship is at sea, it gets pretty windy.

Sapphire was designed with some forward facing balcony's. Before her first cruise they were sealed and relabeled ocean views. I heard during sea trials they had those doors open and things in the cabin were blown against the walls.

The Norwegiani Sun has forward facing cabins. Two are Owner's Suites, two are Mini-suites, and two are regular balcony cabins. They're on the Pool deck with a couple of the restaurants,one being the main casual restaurant, and the pool. There are approx. 12 other balcony cabins facing the sides so that deck has very few cabins on it.

I had the pleasure of sailing on the NORWEGIAN DAWN 2 years ago, in a AC catagory suite. They are located at the front of the ship and have huge teak floored balconies. Although there was a hinged steel hatch cover that could close over the main balcony door, it was never closed throughout the cruise. We were able to use our balcony while the ship was at sea the entire time. There was little or no wind. Last week we were on the CONSTELLATION in an aft cabin with a rear facing balcony. It was nice, but I enjoyed the front facing balcony much more. Give the NCL board a shot....there are many threads regarding these cabins, with some good information.

• 2 weeks later...

We had an AB Suite on the Sun a few weeks ago. They are not as windy as you might imagine. The only problem is that you are not allowed to keep any lights on in the cabin if you have the drapes open at night. You are also not alowed to have a light on outside at night. I would not book a forward cabin agian for that reason. Otherwise it was very nice.

• 12 years later...

This is a 13 year old thread. Many ships have been transferred, added, replaced in that time. Diamond and Sapphire have forward balconies that can only be used while in port. There are forward facing OV cabins on most of the Grand Class. EM

Diamond B105

enhance

enhance