Conflicting info on Dream cabin configuration

patcacmt

Hi - first time DCL cruiser after years of RCCL cruising. I’ve read several posts about the DCL ships having queen beds that do not convert to twin beds, but these all seem dated, as in pre-2015. I’ve read other descriptions on some sites that say these queens do split into two twins and I can’t tell if this is newer information or not. Can anyone tell me how it is now on the Dream? We have 5D category, would prefer two twins; just me and my adult daughter traveling.

There are no separating beds on DCL.

The first beds on the Magic and wonder, from 1998 did separate. This might be why you see conflicting information. When these beds were replaced, the replacements were all the queen beds.

Dream and Fantasy have always had the queen beds.

Most cabins have a couch. I think you can request that it be made up as a bed with a comfortable mattress topper

This is not a fold out couch in the way you normally think of it. It is a flip deal (the host will do it for you), and has a twin sized mattress--no folds, no skinny, pretend mattress. It makes into a normal twin sized bed. There is no mattress topper involved. All standard cabins on the classic ships have this; there are a few on the newer ships that have other situations. In addition, cabins that sleep 4 have a bed that drops from the ceiling. I've been aware of people taking this mattress from the ceiling bunk to the floor when they felt that their child was too young for the bunk. You can request special sheets for these beds--Princess and super hero themed on an "as available" basis. Just ask your stateroom host.

Suites have different set ups, as do some cabins on the Fantasy/Dream. But any cabin that sleeps 4 will count 2 for the queen + the other available bedding. And the queen will not separate.

Edited by moki'smommy