Denali Twt tour

CarleneBarrett

Hi,

This question is for those that have done the Twt in Denali. Have any of you purchased the DVDs of the tour? If so, what price is it, and was it worth it? It says it is a DVD of your personal tour. Is this true or is it mass produced? Also, how far is subway from McKinley lodge? Thanks for your help.

Edited by CarleneBarrett

The Subway is right across the street. The lodge is a sprawling property, so it depends on where your room is as to exactly how far. When we were there, we had just a short time between our arrival and the Tundra Wilderness Tour. The line at Subway was out the door. There's a coffee shop in the same strip of shops where I bought sandwiches to eat before our tour. They were very good. The second day, we ate lunch at a Thai food truck also across the street. It was also very good.

Hi,

This question is for those that have done the Twt in Denali. Have any of you purchased the DVDs of the tour? If so, what price is it, and was it worth it? It says it is a DVD of your personal tour. Is this true or is it mass produced? Also, how far is subway from McKinley lodge? Thanks for your help.

FWIW the free snack box on the TWT tour is very filling so no need to purchase a lunch to take with you. My snack box had pretzels, crackers, sausage sticks, cheese, nuts, snack cake, candy, etc. that you can eat as you ride through the park.

FWIW the free snack box on the TWT tour is very filling so no need to purchase a lunch to take with you. My snack box had pretzels, crackers, sausage sticks, cheese, nuts, snack cake, candy, etc. that you can eat as you ride through the park.

You can find pics of the snack box HERE.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to purchase the DVD put my name on the list and everything, but never got an email, a call back or anything so never got the DVD totally disappointed. On a side note you can take the Eielson shuttle much cheaper and goes out to the Eielson visitor center. The only difference is you don't have a drop down tv to zoom in on critters, no food and no dvd. You can bring food on the shuttle and they do stop for wildlife as well.