Selfie sticks

cruisin1982

I don't know how old this list is, but Googled banned items from Disney cruises and this is what came up. I would hope that you wouldn't use a selfie stick in crowded areas.

Items prohibited on board ship and on Castaway Cay.

• Firearms, ammunition, knives (including dive knives), swords, daggers and any other types of weapons
  • Toy guns or other replicas of firearms and weapons
  • Highly flammable liquids and combustible substances
  • Liquid oxygen
  • Non-prescribed controlled substances, illegal drugs, medically prescribed and synthetic marijuana
  • Hookah pipes
  • Power tools and toolboxes (except those utilized by vendors providing services)
  • Potentially dangerous sporting equipment, including baseball and cricket bats, hockey and lacrosse sticks, pool cues, ski poles, fishing gear and archery equipment. (Golf clubs are permitted as long as they are stored inside your stateroom.)
  • Scuba equipment such as tanks, spears, spear guns, slings, dive knives, pry bars, and underwater scooters. (Masks and snorkels are allowed)
  • Remote-controlled helicopters, airplanes, drones or similar devices
  • Kites, balloons, surfboards, wave boards, inflatable floats, pool noodles, inflatable pools and wagons
  • Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, hoverboards, inline & roller skates, any footwear with wheels (i.e. Heely’s type shoes) and Segways, or other wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels and devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered or unoccupied. Training wheels or similar modifications are not permitted.
  • Wheeled transport devices other than those required by Guests with disabilities
  • Electrical appliances such as rice cookers, hot plates, coffee makers, blenders, electric irons, electric blankets, heating pads, bottle sterilizers and warmers
    • Please note: A limited number of approved bottle warmers and bottle sterilizers are available upon request through Guest Services
    • All ships offer self-service laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Portable fans are permitted in your stateroom. However, you must contact Guest Services to have the Chief Electrician approve your fan.

[*]Candles and incense

[*]DVD, VCR, and Blu-ray players

[*]Gaming systems such as Playstation®, Xbox and Nintendo Wii (due to compatibility issues with the stateroom TVs)

[*]Musical instruments

[*]Pets

[*]Ice chests and coolers, except for those permitted for storing medications, baby food and items related to dietary restrictions

[*]Homemade, precooked or perishable foods or open food containers. Also, please refer to our guidelines on restricted food and beverages

[*]Over-the-door hanging organizers

[*]Metal detectors

[*]Fireworks or pyrotechnics

[*]Seasonal and/or celebratory light bulb strings

[*]Extension cords or surge protectors

[*]Ham radios

• 2 weeks later...

I actually prefer the selfie stick because it’s held higher than the iPads people use to take pictures and block the view of several people behind them. This happens a lot at the welcome party, the pirate night, etc. please people think about someone else but yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

While I don't call it a selfie-stick, I have brought and extendable pole for my Go-Pro. I used it on a fishing and jet ski excursions and will use it on our parasailing excursion next month as well as when I go snorkeling.