Disembarkation in Civitavecchia - Latest Time to Get off the Ship

TFree

Fellow cruisers: we are on a Rome to Rome cruise in October on the Constellation, where the ship is due to arrive back in Civitavecchia at 5:00 am on the final day. I am setting up an airport transfer for several of us with flights after 2:00 pm, so there is no rush to disembark, to say the least. I asked the Captain's Club when we would be required to be off the ship, but got a rather vague answer (something like "maybe around 8:30 or so").

Do any of you have experience as to how late we can remain on the ship, and therefore what time would be reasonable to select for a pre-arranged airport transfer?

Thanks,

Tom & Judy

Fellow cruisers: we are on a Rome to Rome cruise in October on the Constellation, where the ship is due to arrive back in Civitavecchia at 5:00 am on the final day. I am setting up an airport transfer for several of us with flights after 2:00 pm, so there is no rush to disembark, to say the least. I asked the Captain's Club when we would be required to be off the ship, but got a rather vague answer (something like "maybe around 8:30 or so").

Do any of you have experience as to how late we can remain on the ship, and therefore what time would be reasonable to select for a pre-arranged airport transfer?

Thanks,

Tom & Judy

Last month on the Reflection in Rome the last call was at 9:30. However, the "Extend your Stay" option was available for $39pp. We did that and stayed on until about 2.

Last month on the Reflection in Rome the last call was at 9:30. However, the "Extend your Stay" option was available for $39pp. We did that and stayed on until about 2.

Thanks for this info. I don't think either couple is interested in the Extend Your Stay option in this case, we are just trying to figure the best timing for an airport transfer without having it be earlier than needed.

Tom & Judy

Tom & Judy,

We got off the Reflection in Civitavecchia last Monday, we asked a few days beforehand what the latest time we could leave the ship was and were told 9.45 am.. they actually asked everyone to leave the ship at 9.15am

ALlow extra time at FCO. It is huge, queues are long, and it can take quite some time to walk to your gate.
I'll second this, just for emphasis.....

I couldn't believe how busy the airport was, and how long the lineups could be.

On our cruise last month, everyone was expected off by 9:30 am.

Most international flights leave from FCO Terminal 3. There are no Customs to be concerned with when departing Rome if you are flying directly to the United States. We arrived early to the airport (around 8:00 am) yet we still encountered a 45 minute wait just to check-in at the airline counter and drop off our bags.

You’ll then follow the herd through security. If you have TSA Precheck, get in the line for "Fast Track". Everyone else will be herded into the regular security screening. Fast Track took us 15 minutes. Upon exiting security, follow the signage to walk a to the Passport Control for USA-issued passports, and wait in line to get your passport stamped again. This took just 5 to 10 minutes. Then just follow signs to your gate.

In all, it took us close to 70 minutes from the time we arrived at the airport until we got to our gate. I understand it can take a couple hours to get to your gate when it's really crowded at the airport.

If going through Rome and you have the opportunity to use Norwegian Air to the States, do it and book Premium Class. The flight we took to Newark left late in the day at 6pm and there was no waiting to check in at the Premium line. We got to go into the Fast Track line because we were Premium so we bypassed the regular security line. There was no waiting in Fast Track. Then you merge in with everyone else for Passport Control which took about 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums