Which area/hotel would you stay in?

SirRedman

Comfort Inn - Condado $160 total per night

Embassy Suites - Carolina $199 total per night

We're flying in the afternoon/evening before our cruise and probably won't feel like doing much after our long flights. May want to explore a little bit in the a.m. before we leave for our cruise.

I've stayed near the Comfort Inn so that area would be my vote. It gets you away from the airport.

The beach there is public and you can walk through the park just to the north of Comfort Inn to get there. Punk burgers are great and we had a good breakfast at Latin Star. There is also a Walgreen's and a CVS in that same area.

Why not consider staying in Old San Juan ? We tend to like the convenience of the Old Town Sheraton and will stay there again this September.

Or the El Convento If you can get a decent rate?:D

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Agree on staying in Old San Juan. They have lots of old boutique hotels that are really historic and unique. We've stayed in Villa Herencia and Casablanca and loved them both.

I’m intrigued by Villa Herencia. It looks lovely and very authentic. But I sure expect the pics were pre hurricane. If you were booking now, would you choose this hotel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm staying at the Hyatt Place San Juan/City Center, which is across the from the Pan American Pier for the RCI ships.

We are staying there pre-cruise in December. On our previous cruise out of San Juan we stayed at the La Concha in Condado. If all things were equal (And they are not, the prices in Condado are significantly higher), I would choose Condado. Many choices of restaurants of all ethnic persuasions on Ashford Avenue and as others have pointed out a CVS and a Walgreens nearby.

I’m intrigued by Villa Herencia. It looks lovely and very authentic. But I sure expect the pics were pre hurricane. If you were booking now, would you choose this hotel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote

I don't know for sure, but you can go to tripadvisor and read reviews of those who have stayed there since the hurricane. The buildings in Old San Juan are hundreds of years old, so they've been through many storms!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote

I don't know for sure, but you can go to tripadvisor and read reviews of those who have stayed there since the hurricane. The buildings in Old San Juan are hundreds of years old, so they've been through many storms!

So please share your own experience with us as to when you stayed there! I gather it was pre hurricane. I’d rather not use Trip Advisor as there is no way of knowing if professional services are used to produce the five star ratings that are all too conspicuous!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk