Luminae Photos

islandchick

Hi.

I am working on my Reflection review and have pictures of menus and food from our trip. The link is in my signature; I am responding on the phone so don’t know how to link the review using the phone.

We didn’t eat in Luminae often, but have pictures from when we did.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Grilled filet mignon, truffle potato puree, spinach, Bordelaise sauce

enhance

Almond cake

enhance

short ribs

enhance

seared tuna

enhance

Maine lobster salad

enhance

chocolate!

enhance

Edited by vtcruising

vtcruising, thanks for the pictures. I couldn't help but notice that the guy in the background had on a suit and tie. Is there a dress code in Luminae, was that one of the Chic nights? We're always in Blu now so my husband does not even bring a jacket anymore - will Luminae be different?

Oh, and the food looks good - similar to Blu I would say. Maybe garnished a little nicer.

vtcruising, thanks for the pictures. I couldn't help but notice that the guy in the background had on a suit and tie. Is there a dress code in Luminae, was that one of the Chic nights? We're always in Blu now so my husband does not even bring a jacket anymore - will Luminae be different?

Oh, and the food looks good - similar to Blu I would say. Maybe garnished a little nicer.

You just never know how people are going to dress. Luminae when it comes to a dress code are the same as Blu. Evening Chic only applies to the MDR. Our 1st three cruises in suites I did not bring a jacket, tie or dress pants. We did a cruise in Asia in 2017 and more people were dressing up on Evening Chic in Luminae. So now I pack a jacket that I can through on with a pair of jeans.

We are cruising in Oct with friends and I just know he will bring his tails. I'll wear my jacket the one night he wears his tails.

You just never know how people are going to dress. Luminae when it comes to a dress code are the same as Blu. Evening Chic only applies to the MDR. Our 1st three cruises in suites I did not bring a jacket, tie or dress pants. We did a cruise in Asia in 2017 and more people were dressing up on Evening Chic in Luminae. So now I pack a jacket that I can through on with a pair of jeans.

We are cruising in Oct with friends and I just know he will bring his tails. I'll wear my jacket the one night he wears his tails.

Thanks, that helps. We always look "nice" and my husband will wear a dress shirt just no jacket, especially since it will be a Bermuda itinerary. But I'll let him know in case he decides to go back to the old ways (he used to bring his tux, which sadly he no longer remotely fits into).

No, no suit needed. We rarely dress up at home so still enjoy dressing up a bit on cruises for chic night. We don't really look at what others are wearing unless they are over the top dressed up or down, but it seemed that in Blu and Luminae in the last year that there is a range of dress - he will be fine!

Cool! Thank you! Can't wait!

2 questions - what's that round thing that's on fire?

The steaks look better than in Blu - are they?

Steaks ARE better yes...

That round thing is a dessert....you must order one...I believe it is called the "Chocolate Bomb"

what's that round thing that's on fire?

That round thing is a dessert....you must order one...I believe it is called the "Chocolate Bomb"

I could be wrong, but I believe it is called "The Chocolate Sphere" :)

chocolate bomb

The end of that video also illustrates my previous comment about the waiters being much more dressed up than the passengers.

After all, they are paid to get dressed up. We are not.

Cool! Thank you! Can't wait!

2 questions - what's that round thing that's on fire?

The steaks look better than in Blu - are they?

It is a Orb or sphere it is thin chocolate with lets say chocolate chunk in the center. They pour flaming liquor over the orb that melts the outer chocolate. It is real good.

The steaks are good. I did have a pork dish that was a little on the dry side. The short ribs with mash potatoes and gravy, the tomato salad with pesto and a salad with hearts of palm are real good.

Also, you can order off the MDR menu at lunch.

Lots of Luminae food photos from my past four cruises:

Reflection April 2018: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2627976

Silhouette January 2018: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2584405

Constellation May 2017: https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2493173

Eclipse January 2017: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2446348

Sent from my iPhone using Forums