Koningsdam Promenade deck

MISTER 67

HAL has it posted on both the Amsterdam as well as the Veendam promenades, so it's not a new concept to them. But that's OK, no big deal. We'll just continue giving those few going in the opposite direction of the majority weird looks.

Maybe they'll give weird looks to you for going in the opposite direction. :halo:

Maybe they'll give weird looks to you for going in the opposite direction. :halo:

Probably true. Us and about 95% of those walking laps on sea days going around in a counterclockwise rotation. But that's cool. They can walk in any direction they want as the chances of us going on another cruise on the Koningsdam, after doing 3, is pretty remote.

Probably true. Us and about 95% of those walking laps on sea days going around in a counterclockwise rotation. But that's cool. They can walk in any direction they want as the chances of us going on another cruise on the Koningsdam, after doing 3, is pretty remote.

I agree, counterclockwise seems to be the preferred direction and the one we instinctively choose. It's unlikely that we'll again on the K'dam for the foreseeable, but we'll see what happens when we're on the Nieuw Statendam next year.

It doesn't matter which way the arrow points. HAL just needs to post them somewhere. It just makes sense and there is absolutely no excuse why they don't. Even if no one follows it, and you know there will be a few, at least HAL would be demonstrating they at least understand the issue.

So Kirk, what did your CD say?

She thought it was a good idea and wrote it on her pad. It’s not like she could make such a decision, that would have to go through Seattle 😜😜🤪

HAL has it posted on both the Amsterdam as well as the Veendam promenades, so it's not a new concept to them. But that's OK, no big deal. We'll just continue giving those few going in the opposite direction of the majority weird looks.
(y)

Now if we could just come up with a standard weird look for the opposite-walkers, to help them get the message. Otherwise they might think the look was caused by sun in the eyes, a sudden whiff of varnish, the realization that the Lido just closed, etc..

As a start, I’d say the look needs to incorporate one raised eyebrow.

;p

(y)

Now if we could just come up with a standard weird look for the opposite-walkers, to help them get the message. Otherwise they might think the look was caused by sun in the eyes, a sudden whiff of varnish, the realization that the Lido just closed, etc..

As a start, I’d say the look needs to incorporate one raised eyebrow.

;p

That’s good, I like it!

Oh wow, I'd heard about the Kdam promenade deck before, but seeing it, yikes! I am so used to the wide open deck and unobstructed ocean views on the promenades of the S-class ships. I am interested in trying Pinnacle class, but that promenade is a big negative. Can't have it all I guess.