Give me those "weird" Carnival cabins

mitsugirly

Can someone tell me some of the "weird" Carnival cabins...and of course "which" ships they are on? (Or point me to a thread that has them...last thread I had found awhile back was so old and some of the categories had changed making pages and pages of it void).

I remember reading about the "interior" cabins that were actually on the outside with french doors that opened up to the life boats as your scenery, but yet were still categorized and priced as an interior.

I have heard about those "odd" shaped rooms on the corners that are HUGE but I do remember when I looked them up, they only held 2 people??? :eek: (We have 3).

So let me know these "weird" rooms and what ships.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure if anyone will respond, but I just wanted to say that studying the deck maps is a good way to see what unique rooms a ship might have. The Ship Mate app has the deck maps of all the ships, and it's really easy to navigate.

Good luck!

I'm not sure if anyone will respond, but I just wanted to say that studying the deck maps is a good way to see what unique rooms a ship might have. The Ship Mate app has the deck maps of all the ships, and it's really easy to navigate.

Good luck!

Studying the deck maps only shows you the outline of a room (which could show you an odd shape I guess) but won't tell me if it's an exterior room priced at interior and so on.

Hopefully someone will respond. :)

If you post this on the Carnival forums, you might get quicker responses!

I did a lot of research last night putting in any type of wording I could to try to find the old thread I came up with last time and finally found it.

I was referring to:

The floor to ceiling windows, which are the 4J categories on specific ships.

The interior rooms that have french doors that open up to a view of...the life boats LOL, which is 4K rooms on specific ships

The "Scenic OV" rooms and the larger end rooms that are huge and are considered just an OV but floor to ceiling windows in the front of the ship, which are 6k or 6J rooms on select ships.

:D

Now my problem is not being able to actually "locate" these rooms on these ships by just going onto Carnivals site and trying to do a dummy booking. Short of clicking every single ship with these, for every single sailing date, and every single option...it's next to impossible to find them. :(

I did a lot of research last night putting in any type of wording I could to try to find the old thread I came up with last time and finally found it.

I was referring to:

The floor to ceiling windows, which are the 4J categories on specific ships.

The interior rooms that have french doors that open up to a view of...the life boats LOL, which is 4K rooms on specific ships

The "Scenic OV" rooms and the larger end rooms that are huge and are considered just an OV but floor to ceiling windows in the front of the ship, which are 6k or 6J rooms on select ships.

Now my problem is not being able to actually "locate" these rooms on these ships by just going onto Carnivals site and trying to do a dummy booking. Short of clicking every single ship with these, for every single sailing date, and every single option...it's next to impossible to find them. :(

I think cb at sea meant for you to go the Carnival Cruise line FORUM not the Ask a cruise question forum and you might more easily find the info you are looking for. :)

Edited by Rala

I think cb at sea meant for you to go the Carnival Cruise line FORUM not the Ask a cruise question forum and you might more easily find the info you are looking for. :)

I'm not in the "ask a cruise question" section. I'm in the "Cabin selection tips" section, which IMO would be the appropriate place to ask. But like I said, I already found what I was looking for. I will ask over there with help trying to locate them. Thanks. :)

Conquest class ships have 1a cabins that are actually bigger than standard interior cabins!

Thanks! I will add that to my list and "goodies" when searching. Is there a way to know that it's one of the bigger ones when searching? (Like will it say the sq ft is bigger somewhere?)

I don't know about all, but on Carnival Conquest, some of those odd shaped rooms (category 4j) are larger because they are handicapped rooms.

Since we don't have anyone handicapped, that won't work for us. I wouldn't take up that room when others could need it. ;)

Carnival spririt class ship have the 4k which are cabins with french doors that open. YOu cannot go out side but ithe cabin is priced at an inside price

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab214/k2excursion/Carnival%20cabins/P1050434.jpg

you want to find a cabin between the lifeboats for a better view

--not like this http://s1105.photobucket.com/user/chuckietwo/media/IMG_2564_zps5b152d06.jpg.html?t=1348016950

Spirit, Pride, Miracle and Legend are the only ships that have these cabins.

the same ships also have the most amazing balcony- there is only 3 of these one of which holds 4 people (6232) the other two is for 2 people 7258 and 8232

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff367/bigd31998/Carnival%20Legend%20November%207th%202010/P1000097.jpg

on other call of ships are scenic ocean views.

which is a higher priced oceanview--sometimes selling for more then a balcony.

there are two of these on the ship- 9200 is for 4 people) and 9201

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/513/Valor_Feb11_004.jpg

these are on deck 9 all the way forward. (you MUST keep your windows closed at night time because the lights interfer with the bridge below

http://www.cruise365.com/images/mg/CWT/c/23332/CL_VA_ScenicGrand_OV_9200.jpg

there are other 6J inbetween the two fabulous cabins

there are oceanview with floor to ceiling windows. and again this cabins will sometimes cost more then the balcony. Personally i would take the balcony over this type of cabin

http://s775.photobucket.com/user/rrraydon/media/Glory2013.jpg.html

Carnival spririt class ship have the 4k which are cabins with french doors that open. YOu cannot go out side but ithe cabin is priced at an inside price

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab214/k2excursion/Carnival%20cabins/P1050434.jpg

you want to find a cabin between the lifeboats for a better view

--not like this http://s1105.photobucket.com/user/chuckietwo/media/IMG_2564_zps5b152d06.jpg.html?t=1348016950

Spirit, Pride, Miracle and Legend are the only ships that have these cabins.

the same ships also have the most amazing balcony- there is only 3 of these one of which holds 4 people (6232) the other two is for 2 people 7258 and 8232

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff367/bigd31998/Carnival%20Legend%20November%207th%202010/P1000097.jpg

YES, those are the ones I was referring to. I would love to come across one of those to book. Since I just sailed on the Pride, I guess I will have to find one of the others and look for the room 6232. We struggle since we have 3 people, so I know that that pretty much limits us to a lot of those "unusual" rooms and I do know (at least with our Pride booking), they weren't allowing 3 people to book a 4 person room. :eek: :(

on other call of ships are scenic ocean views.

which is a higher priced oceanview--sometimes selling for more then a balcony.

there are two of these on the ship- 9200 is for 4 people) and 9201

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/513/Valor_Feb11_004.jpg

these are on deck 9 all the way forward. (you MUST keep your windows closed at night time because the lights interfer with the bridge below

http://www.cruise365.com/images/mg/CWT/c/23332/CL_VA_ScenicGrand_OV_9200.jpg

there are other 6J inbetween the two fabulous cabins

there are oceanview with floor to ceiling windows. and again this cabins will sometimes cost more then the balcony. Personally i would take the balcony over this type of cabin

http://s775.photobucket.com/user/rrraydon/media/Glory2013.jpg.html

I would LOVE to have one of these rooms. I don't know, I would love to try one out over a balcony. We honestly don't use our balcony too much during a cruise, but would love the extra space during the times we were in the room.

I don't suppose they would have an issue if you had the blinds open at night if all of your lights are off right? I would love to sit there and star gaze. :D

to get one you need to book early as they go VERY quickly

I had to change weeks in order to try one.

We would come back to the room and get ready for the night-- turn off the lights and just watch the stars. etc. Peaceful. DARK

but will also tell you that in the morning-- boy does it get bright VERY quickly.

to get one you need to book early as they go VERY quickly

I had to change weeks in order to try one.

We would come back to the room and get ready for the night-- turn off the lights and just watch the stars. etc. Peaceful. DARK

but will also tell you that in the morning-- boy does it get bright VERY quickly.

Yea, I kinda figured they went quick and would need to be booked a fair amount of time out.

Thanks SO MUCH for the information. I seriously appreciate it. Maybe I should start looking for next year. Think I'll have any luck with that? :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

The last time we cruise the Conquest we had cabin 8448, our PVP called it a wrap around balcony Carnival calls it a Premium Vista Balcony. This was one of the best room we ever stayed in. Lots of room both in cabin and on balcony. Others must know about them because since that cruise we always try to get one of these cabins and they are always sold out early.

The last time we cruise the Conquest we had cabin 8448, our PVP called it a wrap around balcony Carnival calls it a Premium Vista Balcony. This was one of the best room we ever stayed in. Lots of room both in cabin and on balcony. Others must know about them because since that cruise we always try to get one of these cabins and they are always sold out early.

sometimes you will not find these online and only by calling. You will also need to right amount of people-- so if there is 3 of you-- you will find it as unavailable.

• 2 years later...

[quote name=mitsugirly;46644807

The floor to ceiling windows' date=' which are the 4J categories on specific ships.

Now my problem is not being able to actually "locate" these rooms on these ships by just going onto Carnivals site and trying to do a dummy booking. Short of clicking every single ship with these, for every single sailing date, and every single option...it's next to impossible to find them. :([/quote]

4J's are rooms at the front of each deck, facing forward, with a picture window (not floor-to-ceiling, just a regular size one as in most OV cabins). The window does not overlook the ocean, but a seldom-used public deck. These can be found on the deck plans all the way to the front and are usually maroon in color on the deck maps. On a mock booking, they are in the interior category and are listed separately, They are usually the most expensive in the Interior category.

4J's are rooms at the front of each deck, facing forward, with a picture window (not floor-to-ceiling, just a regular size one as in most OV cabins). The window does not overlook the ocean, but a seldom-used public deck. These can be found on the deck plans all the way to the front and are usually maroon in color on the deck maps. On a mock booking, they are in the interior category and are listed separately, They are usually the most expensive in the Interior category.

the OP is from 2015

Everyone should know that anyone can book a handicap accessible room. Just be aware that if you do book one they have the right to change your room assignment if they need it for a handicapped cruiser. I had a 4J on the Sunshine in Nov if you book one there is a continuing problem with the shower leaking into the room, because htere is not lip on the shower to hol water. They were aware of the problem when i contacted guest services. Did have my own floor fan for 14 days