Silhouette - Sunset Veranda, deck 6,7 or 8 which is best?

kikki21

I normally go higher the better but does this matter? Looking at a 3 night Cruise & not been at the back before & want to try it!

Was right at the front on my last Cruise [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I normally go higher the better but does this matter? Looking at a 3 night Cruise & not been at the back before & want to try it!

8df530b156c537496920ca666cb03d63.jpg

This is the view from the sunset veranda 7311 in the Equinox.

We have booked Deck 6, Mid ship and it was fine. Boats underneath but not really obstructed viewing. Like mid section due to procimity of stairs and elevators.

Deck 7 , midship is great . U have lifeboat on the deck below but no obstructed view out the way . No noise underneath or above

Thanks everyone. I was mid ship very close to a lift on the Reflection which was great but actually having an SV Balcony means more exercise for us!

Deck 6 SV cabins are right above Tuscan Grille. In other threads, I've read that noise isn't an issue, but from time to time you might catch an employee going across the roof of the Tuscan Grille right on the other side of your glass railing.

Personally, I'd choose either 7 or 8, close to the middle. Check some of the pictures CC members have posted, and you'll see that certain cabins have a deck that is roughly 3' wider. We had one of them back in Nov. on the Equinox.

• 2 months later...

I actually have gone right up - on Deck 12 but have bagged one of the really good ones apparently according to CC! It’s a Concierge Class Sunset Balcony so this Cruise right at the back & my Iona Cruise right at the front!

Surely now I need another Cruise right in the middle! [emoji23]

This is where things get into personal preferences, but having started out on deck 6 and recently been in cabins on decks 8 and 12 I found that i like being lower for a better sense of visual and aural closeness with the water. While I definitely didn't much care for 12--too much like being in a high-rise condo(which is fine, but I've lived that and can experience it again on land)--, even on deck 8 i found myself feeling a bit envious of those on their veranda 2 decks below. I might well be in the minority but I find that when making new reservations I'm now aiming for lowest deck i can get for whatever class I'm booking.

• 2 weeks later...
We had aft cabin 8353 3 times and loved, loved, loved, loved, loved it.

Did I say we loved it ??!!!

:-)

Love Deck 8......on Silouette or Reflection. In 8342 in just a couple weeks for TA. Love these cabins - so worth the hike to the back of the ship

We have stayed in SV on both decks 6 and 8 on the Eclipse. I think 6312 and 8353 so both were near the middle of the ship. There is little to choose between them. There was no noise from above or below. We never noticed any soot. Our cruises were in relatively calm seas and we did not notice any movement of the ship as we sat in the cabins or laid in bed. Just outside the deck 6 balcony rail there is an engineers walkway and I think we saw a crew member using it once. Both rooms had great views of the ship's wake and of where we had been. I quite like the higher vantage point of deck 8. When standing against the balcony rails you can see the rails of the higher and lower SV cabins and occasionally see people standing by those rails. Most of the balcony area cannot be seen from above or below so there is plenty of privacy.

• Like 1