Come Sail Away With Us…LIVE from the MSC Seaside (Yacht Club) …July 21-28, 2018

Lovetocruise2002

Hi Cruise Critics!

This cruise has been a long time coming…489 days to be exact, but who’s counting?! Hubby and I are first time cruisers with MSC. We have been cruising since 2002, mainly with RCI, and a few with DCL in between. We are long time Oasis class fans, we love our suites, we adore Coastal Kitchen, so full disclosure here…it will be hard not to make comparisons. However, we are going into this cruise with an open mind and we are looking forward to new experiences from MSC.

We booked the Seaside back in March 2017. Usually, Hubby and I try to get away once per year (kid free) and since Symphony of the Seas is still in Europe, the concept of the Seaside intrigued us, especially the “ship within a ship” concept of the Yacht Club. Having tried the Royal Suite Class program with RCI on Oasis and Quantum class ships, we are very curious to see how the Yacht Club experience compares. Price wise, it was a no-brainer. After MSC’s discount for teachers (10%), and further TA discounts, our price for two adults, in a Yacht Club Deluxe Balcony suite, was less than the cost of a Junior suite on Harmony of the Seas for the exact same week, with MSC YC offering much greater on board suite benefits.

So, here we find ourselves, many months later, ready, and excited to see all the things the Seaside has to offer.

Who’s sailing?

It will be Hubby and I only on this sailing, and we are celebrating our 16th anniversary on board.

Pre-cruise stay:

We will be arriving in Miami on Friday for a Saturday departure on the Seaside. Our pre-cruise stay will be at the InterContinental Miami. The main reason we chose this hotel was because of the location and proximity to the port. In addition, we have also heard many wonderful things about this hotel and wanted to try it out for ourselves.

Itinerary:

Our Eastern Caribbean sailing takes us to the following:

Miami, At Sea, At Sea, Philipsburg (St. Maarten), San Juan (Puerto Rico), At Sea, Nassau (Bahamas), Miami

As far as excursions go, the ship is the destination for us. Since we have taken the Eastern Caribbean sailing many times, Hubby and I decided we would spend time exploring the ports at our leisure and have not booked any excursions in advance.

Pre-cruise purchases:

As for pre-cruise purchases, the only thing that we pre-purchased is the Premium Internet package. As of two weeks ago, this package was $127.90 for 6GB and allows for up to 4 devices to be connected at a time. Because we are staying in the YC, that already includes all our beverages around the ship and access to the Top Sail Lounge and Restaurant, so we have not purchased any additional beverage packages or specialty dining.

Pre-cruise thoughts:

In the spirit of a live blog, I would love for this to be an interactive blog. I tend to update several times a day, I’ll be happy to answer any questions along the way and will do my best to find out anything you might be wondering. Don’t hesitate to ask. Over the months leading up to this cruise, I have learned from many here on this forum about MSC and this is my way to pay it forward.

In addition, for those who are interested, and assuming the ship’s Wi-Fi holds up, I will also do my best to bring the cruise to you Live on Periscope – you can follow me @LoveToCruise2002 on the app or from a computer - here.

One favour I am asking...I will do my best to include as many pictures as I can in this blog. If you are responding to a post with pictures, please do not include the pictures in your reply. It just makes for easier scrolling through the thread.

With all that out of the way…we’re off to Miami!

We did the same itinerary in YC last month, and also stayed at the Intercontinental. You will enjoy! Be sure to get up early enough to watch the ship come in to port. The YC, and MSC in general, have a few quirks - or differences from other lines - but overall an amazing experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the same itinerary in YC last month, and also stayed at the Intercontinental. You will enjoy! Be sure to get up early enough to watch the ship come in to port. The YC, and MSC in general, have a few quirks - or differences from other lines - but overall an amazing experience.

Missthesea...I followed your posts. Sounds like you had a great time! I doubt we will be up early enough to watch the ship come in [emoji42]

Looking forward to this as I will be on Seaside in ten weeks! [emoji4]

Feel free to ask whatever. I will try to find out.

Please say hi to Arthur in the restaurant for us. Tell him Frank and family said "aloha"!

Also so hi to Justin and Richard the bartenders at top sail lounge, two concierges Victoria and Eva that we miss them all. Victor, Olena, Joel, Lezle and Audrey are the awesome butlers we met.

Have a great time and I am sure that everyone will take great care of you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!:hearteyes:[emoji68]*[emoji173]*[emoji68]

Thank you Skid [emoji4]

Please say hi to Arthur in the restaurant for us. Tell him Frank and family said "aloha"!

Also so hi to Justin and Richard the bartenders at top sail lounge, two concierges Victoria and Eva that we miss them all. Victor, Olena, Joel, Lezle and Audrey are the awesome butlers we met.

Have a great time and I am sure that everyone will take great care of you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Frank-thanks to you I have already saved all those names for reference. Thank you again for all the tips!

Following [emoji5]

Woohoo! CruisingKat!! [emoji3]

Looking forward to your review.

We are sailing the Seaside in September (same stops as you), in regular balcony/bella package...but we have black status...so I'm sure many things you cover won't apply to us, but will be nice to see what is behind the wall of YC.

Have a great cruise!

We will be sailling 1st time with MSC on seaside for our 20th anniversary this october. Happy anniversary, have a blast!

Thank you [emoji4]

Looking forward to your review.

We are sailing the Seaside in September (same stops as you), in regular balcony/bella package...but we have black status...so I'm sure many things you cover won't apply to us, but will be nice to see what is behind the wall of YC.

Have a great cruise!

Happy to have you along!

Following along. Have and great cruise and Happy Anniversary!

Thank you!

I'm in! Can't wait to see how much fun you have!

Hopefully lots since it will be 1) warmer 2) no kids 3) they have gelato!!

I have one sweater packed [emoji12]